Admissions Information Master of Science in Health, Exercise Science and Chronic Disease
UNF admits 12-15 students into the program each fall semester. To be considered for admission, students must apply to the program by July 15th (postmark) of the year for which they wish to be admitted. Prior to enrolling in MSH courses, students must have the following credentials:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the University of North Florida. The MSH program does not require a specific undergraduate major. Applicants who apply while still enrolled in an undergraduate degree program may be admitted contingent upon successful completion of the bachelors' degree prior to enrolling in graduate courses.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses. Applicants who apply while still enrolled in prerequisite courses may be admitted contingent upon successful completion of all courses.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher in the last 60 semester hours taken during the last two years of undergraduate study. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may be admitted if they meet a higher GRE criterion.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past five years:
- If a GPA from the last two years of undergraduate study (60 semester hours) is above 3.0, a minimum combined score of 290 on the new GRE (146 or higher on the verbal and 144 or higher on the quantitative) or a minimum combined score of 900 on the previous GRE (400 or higher on the verbal and 500 or higher on the quantitative) is required.
- If a GPA from the last two years of undergraduate study (60 semester hours) is below 3.0, a minimum combined score of 295 on the new GRE (148 or higher on the verbal and 147 or higher on the quantitative) or a minimum combined score of 990 on the previous GRE (420 or higher on the verbal and 570 or higher on the quantitative) is required.
- Interview with MSH faculty. A phone interview is available for applicants with extenuating circumstances.
How to Apply
To be considered for admission, students must submit all application materials following the below steps by July 15th (postmark) of the year for which they wish to be admitted.Applicants should follow each of the steps below:
- Complete the UNF online application for graduate admission;
- Pay the UNF $30 application fee
- Submit hardcopy, official, sealed transcripts from all institutions at which you were ever enrolled to the Graduate School at:
University of North Florida
Attn: Graduate School
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville FL 32224
- Submit hardcopy, sealed, official GRE scores to the Graduate School (institution code is 5490); scores are only kept by ETS for a 5-year period. In
lieu of the current COVID-19 pandemic resulting in GRE testing being disrupted
nationwide, applicant GPA and interview outcome will be the two assessment
tools used for the Master of Science in Exercise Science and Chronic Disease fall 2021 admission cycle. THE GRE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR ALL
2021 MSH APPLICANTS.
Applicants who completed the prerequisites under different course numbers must contact the program director to get the courses approved.