Health Administration Study Abroad Opportunities
Beijing and Qingdao, China Tentative Date: April 27 - May 6, 2019
Study Abroad: The China Experience examines the administration of health services in Beijing and Qingdao, China. We will focus our attention on social, economic, and political factors that are relevant to planning health services and delivering health care. Our group will visit hospitals and health organizations, as well as meet with local health practitioners, while exploring the culture and history of China.
The China Experience course emphasizes interactive discussions surrounding the differences and commonalities of Chinese and United States health care systems. The international travel opportunity will also us to explore various health institutions and cultural sites, such as the Forbidden City, the Great Wall, Tian'anmen Square, and Xiaoyusushan Park. We will meet both prior to and following the trip to China to better prepare for and process the experience.
HSA4955 Study Abroad: Healthcare: The China Experience (Undergraduate)
HSA6958 Study Abroad: Healthcare: The China Experience (Graduate)
- Undergraduate, Graduate, or Post Baccalaureate standing
- Priority given to UNF Brooks College of Health students
- Students from other programs admitted upon space availaiblity
- Complete application for study abroad
- Register for Study Abroad: Healthcare: The China Experience for Spring 2019 (Trip fee is not included in tuition.)
- Make all payments in a timely manner
- Attend all pre-trip and post-trip meetings
- Complete all course assignments