Areas of Expertise
- Survival and event history analysis
- Analysis of incomplete data
- Machine learning
- Actuarial science
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2019
- B.E. in Finance, Xiamen University, 2010
- B.S. in Mathematics, Xiamen University, 2010
I am an Assistant Professor of Statistics in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of North Florida. I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, under the supervision of Dr. Yanqing Sun.
Publications & Presentations
- Sun, Y., Qi, L., Heng, F. and Gilbert, P. B. (2019). Analysis of generalized semiparametric mixed varying‐coefficient models for longitudinal data. Canadian Journal of Statistics, 47(3), 352–373.
- Heng, F., Sun, Y., Hyun, S., and Gilbert, P. B. (2020). Analysis of the time-varying Cox model for the cause-specific hazard functions with missing causes. Lifetime Data Analysis, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10985-020-09497-y
- Sun, Y., Qi, L., Heng, F. and Gilbert, P. B. (2020), A hybrid approach for the stratified mark-specific proportional hazards models with missing covariates and missing marks, with applications to dengue vaccine efficacy trials. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series C: (Applied Statistics), https://doi.org/10.1111/rssc.12417