Areas of Expertise
Construction law, contracts, insurance and licensing.
University of Maryland, B.S. Finance (2nd Major Economics), 1988
University of South Carolina, J.D., Cum Laude, 1995
Florida Board Certified Construction Lawyer. In addition to trials, arbitrations and mediations, I draft/review construction contracts and assist clients with insurance and licensing disputes. Prior to law school, I worked as an estimator and project manager for several mechanical contractors in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar, 2005 to present
- The Florida Bar, Construction Law Certification Committee, member, 2005 to 2009
- Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2008-2019, Jacksonville Construction Lawyer of the Year, 2014
- AV rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
Publications & Presentations
- Florida chapter, State-by-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims (Aspen Publishers 2006), Co-author
- Owner's Implied Warranty of Adequacy of the Plans and Specifications (Spearin Warranty): A Primer on its Application and Limitations, Construction Law Update 2005(Aspen Publishers), Co-author
- South Carolina chapter, State-by-State Guide to Architect, Engineer, and Contractor Licensing (Aspen 1999), Co-author
- South Carolina chapter, The Design/Build Process: A Guide to Licensing and Procurement Requirements in the 50 States and Canada (ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, 1997), Co author.