Areas of Expertise
- Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition: Completion Spring 2021, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Master of Science, Dietetics: August 2018, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- Dietetic Internship: Aug 2007—May 2008, University of South Dakota School of Medicine Center for Disabilities, Sioux Falls, SD
- Bachelor of Science, Family and Consumer Sciences, Dietetics Specialization: August 2007, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
Casey has worked as a clinical dietitian for the Department of Veterans Affairs for more than 11 years. Casey is also a captain in the US Army Reserve with over 13 years of military experience. She is a past secretary of the South Dakota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Casey is currently a Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition student with a research focus on nutrition informatics concerning the Nutrition Care Process and diabetes.
Publications & Presentations
- Colin C. Intermittent Fasting and the Ketogenic Diet. Lecture presented to: 7450th Medical Battalion at Fitzsimmons Army Reserve Center; November 15, 2019; Aurora, CO.
- Colin C. A Career in Nutrition. Lecture presented to: Introduction to Biomed Science at Western State Colorado University; March 7, 2018, October 10, 2018, October 2, 2019; Gunnison, CO.
- Colin C. Kattelmann K. Restricting saturated fat may not be required to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease: a narrative review. Top Clin Nutr. 2019;34(4):315-332.
- Colin C. lettucetalk…about what you need to read but don’t want to hear about diets. Colorado Springs, CO: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2018.
- Colin C. lettucetalk more…about why nutrition of the whole diet is greater than the sum of its parts. Colorado Springs, CO: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2019.
PUBLICATIONS IN PRESS:
- Wright L, Colin C. The Role of Nutrition in Injury Prevention Among Ballet Dancers. In: Perspectives in Performing Art Medicine Practice, Springer:2020.