Areas of Expertise
Hospital Performance, Population Health, and Patient Experience
PhD in Health Services Research, University of Florida
MS in Health Administration, University of Colorado Denver
MPH, Seoul National University
BA in Geography, Sung-Shin Women’s University
Sinyoung Park, PhD obtained her doctoral degree in Health Services Research from the University of Florida and her MS in Health Administration at the University of Colorado at Denver and her MPH in Health Policy and Management from Seoul National University in Seoul, Korea. Before joining UNF, Dr. Park was an assistant professor in the Department of Public Policy, Purdue University Fort Wayne in Indiana. Her previous work revolved around analyzing the impact of provider services networks on Florida Medicaid managed care on healthcare process and outcomes. Her current research topics focus on population health management in the hospital industry and patient experience in hospital settings. She has published articles in the Population Health Management, Journal of Healthcare Management, Journal of Health Administration Education, and others as well as presented at scientific conferences.
Principal Investigator, Scholars Transforming Academic Research Symposium (STARS), UNF, 2019.
Best Paper Award in Healthcare Management Track, Business and Health Administration Association, 2018
Outstanding Full-time Faculty Award, Department of Public Policy, Purdue University Fort Wayne, 2017
First Place, American Academy of Medical Administration (AAMA) Student Research Paper, 2014
American Public Health Assocation
Southern Management Assocation
Publications & Presentations
- Park, S., Hamadi, H., Apatu, E., and Spaulding, A.(in press) Hospital Partnership for Population Health Initiatives, Population Health Management.
- Kim, A., Choi, S., and Park, S. (in press) Heterogeneity in First-Generation College Students Influencing Academic Success and Adjustment to Higher Education, Social Science Journal.
- Hamadi, H., Tafili, A., Apatu, E., Park, S., and Spaulding, A.(2019) Is Community Diversity Associated with Penalties in The Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) Reduction Program?, Hospital Topics, 97(4), 148-155.
- Spaulding, A., Stallings-Smith, S., Hamadi, H., Park, S., Niazi, S., and Apatu, E. (2018) A Community Health Case for Psychiatric Care: A Cross-Sectional Study of County Health Rankings. General Hospital Psychiatry, 57, 1-6.
- Aitalieva N.R. and Park, S. (2018) Political Trust, Ideology, and Public Support in the United States for Government Spending on Health Care, International Journal of Public Administration, 42:9, 776-785.
- Al-Amin, M., Schiaffino, M., Park, S., Harman, J.S. (2018) Sustained Hospital Performance on HCAHPS Survey: What are the Determinants? Journal of Healthcare Management, 63(1), 15-28.
- Park, S., Harman, J.S., Hall, A. (2017) The impact of provider service networks in Florida Medicaid managed care on enrollees’ satisfaction. Patient Experience Journal, 4(3), Article 12. Available at: http://pxjournal.org/journal/vol4/iss3/12.
- Park, S., Harman, J.S., Hall, A., Mills, J., Duncan R.P. (2016) Do Physician-based or Hospital-based Provider Service Networks Better Control Medicaid Expenditures? Journal of Health Care Finance, 42(3).
- Park, S. and Xu, J., "The Patient Experience: What Factors affect Patient Perceptions on Quality of Care?", Oral presentation at the 2019 Southern Management Association Annual Meeting, Norfolk, VA, October, 2019.
- Park, S., Hamadi, H., Apatu, E., and Spaulding, A., “Hospital Partnership for Population Health Initiatives”, Oral presentation at the 32nd Annual Conference of the Business and Health Administration Association (BHAA) Conference, Chicago, IL, March, 2019.
- Tafili, A., Hamadi, H., Apatu, E., Park, S. and Spaulding, A., “Evaluating the Impact of Minority Population Presence on Hospital Acquired Conditions Performance Scores”, Oral presentation at the 31st Annual Conference of the Business and Health Administration Association (BHAA) Conference, Chicago, IL, April, 2018.
- Park, S., Otani, K., “What are the Determinants of Patient Experience on the Quality of Care in the Emergency Room?” Poster presentation at the 2017 American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, November 2017.
- Al-Amin, M., Schiaffino, M., Park, S., Harman, J.S., “Sustained Hospital Performance on HCAHPS Survey: What are the Determinants?.” Oral presentation at Academy of Management, Anaheim, CA, August 2016.