Areas of Expertise
General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Miami, 2015.
Ph. D., Physical/Organic Chemistry, University of Miami, 2014.
M.Sc., Presidency College, Kolkata, India, 2008.
B.Sc., Presidency College, Kolkata, India, 2006
Publications & Presentations
1) Barnali Mondal, A. Mohan Raj, V. Ramamurthy. In search of stable visible light
absorbing photocatalysts: gold nanoclusters. J. Chem. Sci. 2018, 130, 1-10.
2) A. Mohan Raj, Sree Gayathri Tulluri, Marie Dubus, Shipra Gupta, Barnali Mondal, V. Ramamurthy. Probing the pH dependent assembly-disammely of water-soluble organic capsules with coumarins and anthracene. J. Photoch. Photobio A, 2018, 355, 398–407.
3) Barnali Mondal, Burjor Captain and V. Ramamurthy. Volume demanding geometric isomerization of cis-4-stilbazole.HCl salts in the crystalline state: Probing the role of a metastable dimer. J. Photoch. Photobio A, 2016, 331, 224-232.
4) V. Ramamurthy and Barnali Mondal, Supramolecular Photochemistry Concepts highlighted with select examples. J. Photoch. Photobio C, 2015, 23, 68–102.
5) Barnali Mondal, Tingting Zhang, Rajeev Prabhakar, Burjor Captain and V. Ramamurthy, Role of hydrogen bonds in molecular packing of photoreactive crystals: templating photodimerization of protonated stilbazoles in crystalline state with a combination of water molecules and chloride ions. Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., 2014, 13, 1509-1520.
6) Barnali Mondal, Nareshbabu Kamatham, Shampa Samanta, Pradeepkumar Jagadesan, Jibao He, and Vaidhyanathan Ramamurthy, Synthesis, characterization, guest inclusion and photophysical studies of gold nanoparticles stabilized with carboxylic acid groups of organic cavitands, Langmuir, 2013, 29 (41), 12703–12709.
7) Pradeepkumar Jagadesan, Barnali Mondal, Anand Parthasarathy, V. Jayathirtha Rao, and V. Ramamurthy, Photochemical Reaction Containers as Energy and Electron-Transfer Agent, Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 1326–1329.
8) Barnali Mondal, Burjor Captain and V. Ramamurthy, Photodimerization of HCl salts of azastilbenes in the solid state, Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., 2011,10, 891-894.