Areas of Expertise
B.S., Economics, Lehigh University, 1985
M.A. Economics, Duke University, 1986
M.B.A. Marketing, Duke University, 1988
Len Ferman is an adjunct professor of marketing at the University of North Florida where he teaches courses that he created on business innovation. In addition he is the founder and managing director of Ferman Innovation. He is a certified ideation facilitator and helps companies generate and evaluate breakthrough growth ideas. Len developed the Idea TournamentTM process to select optimal ideas for development.
Prior to founding Ferman Innovation, Len spent 25 years managing innovation for Fortune 100 companies including 7 years wtih AT&T and 18 years with Bank of America. In his most recent role, Len led the front end of innovation and served as head of ideation at Bank of America.
Len is a frequent speaker at major business conferences. In 2014, Len was a keynote speaker at the Total Customer Experience Leaders’ Summit on the topic of leveraging innovation to improve the customer experience. In addition he spoke at the Front End of Innovation conference. Len is also a professional members of the National Speakers Association.
Additional career highlights include:
• Two Masters Degrees from Duke University (M.B.A. in Marketing and a Master’s in Economics)
• Part of the team that launched the highly acclaimed AT&T Universal Card
• Launched Visa TravelMoney for Barnett Bank, one of the world’s first prepaid cards
• Developed the first check image ATM at Barnett Bank
• Launched the Business Check Card product for Bank of America
• Instrumental in the development of many online and mobile banking initiatives at Bank of America