Areas of Expertise
- HSA 2530 Language of Healthcare
- HSA 3430 Health Economics and Quantitative Analysis
- HSA 4170 Healthcare Finance
- HSA 5177 Healthcare Finance
- HSA 6196 Quantitative Analysis for Health Services
- HSA 6178 Advanced Health Care Financial Management
- HSA 6179 Financial Management for Health Care Organizations
- HSA 6520 Managerial Epidemiology
- HSA 6707 Research Methods for Healthcare Management
- PHC 6051 Biostatistics II
Biostatistics and health data analytics
Heath economics and finance
Health survey and patient satisfaction
Ph.D. in Statistics (2009) University of Georgia, Athens, GA
M.S. in Statistics (2005) University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Master in Health Administration (2015) University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
B.S. in Statistics (2003) Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Jing (Jasper) Xu, Ph.D., MHA, CHFP earned his doctoral degree in statistics from Univeristy of Georgia, where he improved the model fitting and convergence for semiparametric zero-inflated regression models. After that, Dr. Xu has been working in the medical device industry for 10 years as a biostatitician before joining UNF. He is passionate about improving patient experiences and hospital performances using data analytics tools.
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society - Eastern North American Region (ENAR)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Mayor's Asian American Advisory Board (2011 to 2013)
Publications & Presentations
- Moezzi, A. M., Varikooty, J., Luensmann, D., Schulze, M., Ng, A., Karkkainen, T., Xu, J., & Jones L. (2019). The Physiological Impact of Switching Reusable Silicone Hydrogel Wearers into a Hydrogel Daily Disposable Multifocal. Clinical Ophthalmology, 2019(13), 1193-1202.
- Cheng, X., Xu, J., & Brennan N. (2019). Accommodative Response and Its Role in Myopia Control with Soft Contact Lenses. Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics, 39, 162-171.
- Spaulding, A., Zhao, M., Haley, D. R., Liu, X., Xu, J., & Homier, N. (2018). Resource Dependency and Hospital Performance in Hospital Value-Based Purchasing. The Health Care Manager, 37(4), 299-310.
- Wagner, D. L., Lawrence, S., Xu, J., & Melsom, J. (2018). Retrospective Chart Review of Skin-to-Skin Contact in the Operating Room and Administration of Analgesic and Anxiolytic Medication to Women After Cesarean Birth. Nursing for Women's Health, 22(2), 116-125.
- Li, Q., An, L., Xu, J., & Baliamoune-Lutz, M. (2017). Corruption costs lives: evidence from a cross-country study. The European Journal of Health Economics, 1-13.
- Haley, D. R., Hamadi, H., Zhao, M., Xu, J., & Wang, Y. (2017). Hospital Value-Based Purchasing: The Association Between Patient Experience and Clinical Outcome. The Health Care Manager, 36(4), 312-319.
- An, L., Ren, X., Li, H. & Xu, J. (2017) Exchange Rate And Us Macroeconomy: Evidence From The Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregressive Model, Singapore Econ. Rev., 62(2), 483–508
- Haley, D. R., Zhao, M., Spaulding, A., Hamadi, H., Xu, J., & Yeomans, K. (2016). The influence of hospital market competition on patient mortality and total performance score. The health care manager, 35(3), 220-230.
- Cheng, X., Xu, J., Chehab, K., Exford, J., & Brennan, N. (2016). Soft contact lenses with positive spherical aberration for myopia control. Optometry and Vision Science, 93(4), 353-366.