Areas of Expertise
International Economics, Applied Econometrics, Political Economy
Ph.D., Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012.
M.A., Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2002.
B.A., Economics and Political Science, Stetson University, 1999.
Russell joined the Coggin College of Business as a full-time faculty member in 2014. Previously he taught economics as a visiting faculty member at UNF, Stetson University (DeLand, FL) and Elon University (Elon, NC). Russell's primary research interests are in international trade, development, and finance, with special focus on the political economy of U.S. trade policy. Russell regularly teaches courses in international economics, microeconomic theory, and statistics.
- UNF Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award (2020)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics Honorary)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honorary)
American Economic Association
International Atlantic Economic Society
Academy of Economics and Finance
National Economics Teaching Association
Grants and Contracts Awarded
- "Perception of Drinking Water Quality in the City of Jacksonville, FL: The Influence of consumer Location within the Distribution System" (with C. Chatterjee, C-P Loh, and C. Johnson), UNF Environmental Seed Grant, 2018.
- "Willingness to Pay for Safe Drinking Water: A Contingent Valuation Study in Jacksonville, FL" (with C. Chatterjee, C. Johnson and P. Ahmed), UNF Environmental Center Seed Grant, 2016.
Publications & Presentations
"International Accreditation, Linguistic Proximity, and Trade in Health Services" (with C-P Loh), Social Science and Medicine 238, 2019.
"Perceptions of Quality and Household Water Usage: A Representative Study in Jacksonville, FL" (with C. Chatterjee, C. Johnson, and P. Ahmed), International Advances in Economic Research 22, 2, 2019.
"One Size Fits All? The Differetial Impact of Parent Capital on Bank Failures" (with N. Ozdemir and C. Altinoz), Finance Research Letters, 29, 2019.
"The Dynamics of U.S. Business Investment in Informaiton Processing and Software" presented to the 2nd International Seminar on the Modernization of Governmet Affairs, Service and Management, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou, China, November 23-24, 2019.
"The Influence of Quality Perception and Location on Household Water Usage" (with C. Chatterjee) presented to Research Across Borders: Land, Partnership and Solidarity, Bishop's University, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, March 21-23, 2019.