Areas of Expertise
Music Theory & Aural Skills
Ph.D., Music Theory
Yale University, 2012
M.A. & M.Phil., Music Theory
Yale University, 2007
B.Mus., Music Scholarship
University of British Columbia, 2005
A.R.C.T. Diploma, Piano Performance
Royal Conservatory of Music, 2002
Assistant Professor of Music Theory
University of North Florida, 2012-present
Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow and Visiting Instructor of Music Theory
Oberlin Conservatory of Music, 2011-12
Yale University Music Technology Lab, 2010-11
Part-Time Acting Instructor of Music Theory
Yale University, 2007-09
Samuel Thorpe Jones and Charles Jones Dissertation Fellowship, Yale University, 2009-10
Richard J. Franke Fellowship, Yale University, 2005-07
University of British Columbia Medal in Music, 2005
Society for Music Theory
Music Theory Southeast
Publications & Presentations
"From Apotheosis to Breakthrough: Intertextuality and Climax in Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 4"
- Society for Music Theory Annual Meeting. Vancouver, BC. November 2016.
- Music Theory Midwest Annual Meeting. University of Arkansas. May 2016.
- Music Theory Southeast Annual Meeting. Kennesaw State University. April 2016.
"Convention and Context: Secondary Keys in the Finales of Rachmaninoff's Second Symphony and Third Piano Concerto"
- 18th International Conference on Nineteenth-Century Music. University of Toronto. June 2014.
"Rachmaninoff's Branch on the Russian Oak: Rotational Form and Symmetrical Harmony in The Isle of the Dead and the 'Intermezzo' of the Third Piano Concerto"
- Society for Music Theory. New Orleans, LA. November 2012.
- 17th International Conference on Nineteenth-Century Music. University of Edinburgh. June 2012.
- Music Theory Society of New York State. Hunter College, CUNY. April 2012.
"Linear Fragmentation and Sequential Repetition in Rachmaninoff's Orchestral Music"
- New England Conference of Music Theorists. University of Connecticut. April 2010.
- Music Theory Society of the Mid-Atlantic. Pennsylvania State University. March 2010.
"The 'Technology Tools' Session at FlipCamp Music Theory." In Engaging Students: Essays in Music Pedagogy (2013).