Areas of Expertise
Research Methods, Physical Activity Epidemiology, Anatomy and Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Chronic Disease Epidemiology
Ph.D., Health and Human Performance, Concordia University Chicago, 2020(ABD)
M.S., Health, Concentration in Exercise Science and Chronic Disease, University of North Florida, 2014
B.S., Health, University of North Florida, 2012
M. Ryan Richardson, MSH, ACSM-EP, EIM2, is an Instructor of Research in Sports Medicine, Functional Anatomy and Kinesiology, Physical Activity Epidemiology, and Clinical Exercise Physiology in the Brooks College of Health at the University of North Florida. His research focuses on physical activity, sedentary behavior, inflammation, and cardiometabolic risk. Mr. Richardson is a Certified Exercise Physiologist with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM-EP).
12th Annual World Congress on Insulin Resistance, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease. Third place for orally presenting abstract entitled: Associations between C-reactive protein and Sleep Duration in U.S Adults: NHANES 2007-2010
American College of Sports Medicine
Southeast Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine
American Heart Association | Council on Epidemiology and Prevention
Publications & Presentations
- Churilla, J.R., Summerlin, M.E., Richardson, M.R., Boltz A.J. Mean Combined Relative Grip Strength and Metabolic Syndrome: 2011-2014 NHANES. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2019. (In Press)
- Churilla, J.R., Boltz, A.J., Williams, B.D., Johnson, T.M., Richardson, M.R. Prevalence of Leisure Time Physical Activity in Adults with Seizure Disorders: 2013 and 2015 NHIS. Southern Medical Journal, 2019. (In Press)
- Stone, M.L., Richardson, M.R., Guevara, L., Rand, B.G., Churilla, J.R. Elevated Uric Acid and Congestive Heart Failure in U.S. Adults. Cardiorenal Medicine, 2019. (In Press)
- Rariden, B.S., A.J. Boltz, B.D. Williams, M.R. Richardson, T.M. Johnson, J.R. Churilla. Sedentary Time and Cumulative Risk of Preserved and Reduced Ejection Fraction Heart Failure: Multi Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Journal of Cardiac Failure, 2019; 25:418-424.
- Williams, B.D., S.B. Sisson, C.A. Ardern, K.D. DuBose, T.M. Johnson, M.R. Richardson and J.R. Churilla. Physical activity, body mass index, and clustered metabolic risk in U.S. adolescents: 2007-2012 NHANES. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders 2018; 16:97-103.
- Richardson, M.R., A.Y. Arikawa, and J.R. Churilla. Dietary fiber, C-reactive protein, and leisure-time physical activity among U.S. adults. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders 2018; 16:104-109.
- Churilla, J.R., M.R. Richardson, T.M. Johnson, B.D. Williams, B.S. Rariden, A.J. Boltz. Mode of physical activity participation by body mass index in U.S. adults: 2015 BRFSS. Research in Sports Medicine 2017; 1-11.
- Boyer, W.R., N.A. Indelicato, M.R. Richardson, J.R. Churilla, T.M. Johnson. Associations between mental distress and physical activity in US adults: a dose–response analysis BRFSS 2011. Journal of Public Health 2017; https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdx080
- Williams, B.D., M.R. Richardson, T.M. Johnson, J.R. Churilla. Associations of metabolic syndrome, elevated C-reactive protein, and physical activity in U.S. adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health 2017; 61:709-715.
- Richardson, M.R. and J.R. Churilla. Sleep and C-reactive protein in U.S adults. Southern Medical Journal 2017; 110:314-317.
- Alnojeidi, A.H., M.R. Richardson, W.R. Boyer, T.M. Johnson, and J.R. Churilla. Associations between Low Back Pain and Muscle Strengthening Activity in U.S. Adults. Spine 2017; 42:1220-1225.
- Churilla, J.R., M.R. Richardson, M.T. Lim, T.M. Johnson. Body mass index and physical inactivity in U.S. adults: 2013 BRFSS. Southern Medical Journal 2016; 109:615-619.
- Churilla, J.R., R. Richardson, S.O. Pinkstaff, B.J. Fletcher and G.F. Fletcher. Associations between heart failure and physical function in U.S. adults. Quarterly Journal of Medicine 2016; 109:669-674.
- Boyer, W.R., T.M. Johnson, E.C. Fitzhugh, M.R. Richardson and J.R. Churilla. The associations between increasing degrees of HOMA-IR and measurements of adiposity among euglycemic U.S. adults. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders 2016; 14:108-113.
- Richardson, M.R., W.R. Boyer, T.M. Johnson and J.R. Churilla. Vigorous intensity physical activity and C-reactive protein in U.S. adults. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders 2015; 13:453-457.
- Boyer, W.R., T.M. Johnson, E.C. Fitzhugh, M.R. Richardson and J.R. Churilla. The associations between increasing degrees of homeostatic model assessment for insulin resistance and muscular strengthening activities among euglycaemic U.S. adults. Diabetes and Vascular Disease Research 2015; 12:420-427.
- Richardson, M.R., T.M. Johnson, P.T. Katzmarzyk, E.S. Ford, W.R. Boyer and J.R. Churilla. Gender differences in C-reactive protein and muscle strengthening activity. Journal of Physical Activity and Health 2015; 12:1582-1588.
- Churilla, J.R., T.M. Johnson, R. Curls, M.R. Richardson, W.R. Boyer, S.R. Devore and A.H. Alnojeidi. Association between alcohol consumption patterns and metabolic syndrome. Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical and Research Reviews 2014; 8:119-123.