Areas of Expertise
Process and Supply Chain Management, Procss and Organizational Improvement Methods (Agile/Lean/6Sigma), Performance Measurements, Research Methods and Philosophy of Science, , Philosophy of Teaching
Ph.D. (2000) Process/Supply Chain Management, Lund University, Lund Institute of Technology, Sweden. Thesis: Bridging the gap between strategy and operations – a process based framework. Supervisors: Dr. Everth Larsson and Dr. Carl-Henric Nilsson, Lund University. Seminar Leader: Dr. Dan Flint, University of Tennessee.
MBA (1997) University of California, Irvine. Scholarship: Lund University California Degree Scholarship. Focus: Strategy, Management and Organizational Change.
MS (1991) Lund Institute of Technology. Scholarship: Swedish International Development Agency Scholarship, SIDA (Vietnam, March-May).Thesis: Self-help Housing in Vietnam
University of North Florida, Coggin College of Business, Aug. 2003 – present
Graduate: Modeling and Management of Operations. Business Process Management
Undergraduate: Operations Management, Process Management, Foundations of Transportation
Lund University, Lund Institute of Technology, Sweden, 1992 – 1999, 2008 - present
Graduate: Supply Chain Management., Process Management
1996: Awarded Teacher of the Year.
Bordeaux Ecole de Management, France, 2002 – 2013
Graduate: Process Management Seminar (3 days/year).
University of Verona/Vicenza, Italy, 2002 – 2012
Graduate: Process Management Seminar (2 days/year).
Undergraduate: International Business (2-4 week seminar, 2006, 2007, 2008).
Louvain School of Management, Belgium, 2008 – 2013
Graduate: International Supply Chain Management (3 days/year)
European Business School, Paris, 2005 – 2006.
Graduate: International Supply Chain Management (1 week seminar).
California State University, Fullerton, 1999 – 2003
Graduate: Logistics/Supply Chain Management, E-commerce.
Undergraduate: Enterprise Information Systems (SAP R/3), Management Science, Business Statistics.
University of California, Irvine, 1998, 1999
Visiting professor, in Operations Management, Graduate School of Management.
Graduate: Project Management (1999)
Process/Supply Chain Management (1998)
Other Work Experience:
Lund Business School and Lund Institute of Technology, 1997/1998
Developed a joint Technology Management Program for the Business and Engineering schools at Lund University, 1997. Taught the Technology Management I class.
Management Consulting, 1996 - present.
Process/Supply Chain Management and Organizational Change
Consulting for private and public organizations include: Work with transformation to process/project organizations including mapping, design and analysis of processes as well as supply chains, design of performance measurement systems (strategic and operational), executive training. Several projects focused on skills and competence development for middle managers. Implementation of continuous improvement programs.
TLTH - Project Manager for Real Estate Developer, 1989
Project manager in the real estate and construction industry.
Royal Swedish Air Force/Air Force Academy, 1984 – present.
Captain in Air Force Reserves. Commanded platoon, Planned, organized, developed and managed training activities and maneuvers.
- KIP Endowed Professor 2017
- UNF Outstanding Scholar Award 2013
- Highly Commended Paper Award (top three) in International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences 2014 for the paper, “Lean and six sigma – critical success factors revisited”, I
- Outstanding Paper Award in International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 2013, for the paper: “Logistics case study based research: towards higher quality.”
- Highly Commended Paper Award (top three) in Benchmarking: An International Journal, 2013, for the paper “Supply chain management integration: a critical analysis”
- NGIL research grant for doctoral student, 2011, USD 70,000.
- Craaford Foundation Research Grant, 2009, USD 200,000.
- SAP 2001-2002 America University Alliance Grant Award, USD 60,000.
- Awarded the UNF 2006 Summer Scholarship Grant, USD 5,000.
- UNF Undergraduate Research Grant, 2006.
- Coggin College of Business Outstanding Researcher 2005-2014
- Coggin College of Business Outstanding teacher 2006, 2007-2014.
Publications & Presentations
- 2017 Kembro, J., Naslund, D. and J. Olhager "Information sharing across multiple supply chain tiers: a Delphi study on antecedents" accepted for publication in International Journal of Production Economics.
- 2016 Hulthén, H., Naslund, D., and Norrman, A. “Framework for measuring performance of the sales and operations planning process”, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 1-28.
- 2016 Hulthén, H., Naslund, D., and Norrman, A. “Challenges of Measuring the Sales and Operations Planning Process”, Accepted for publication in Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal.
- 2016 Kale, R., Fadil P. and Naslund. D “Shipper Performance Benefits on an Electronic Logistics Marketplace”, Quarterly Review of Business Disciplines, Vol.3, No.2, pp.139-156.
- 2015 Eltantawy, R, Paulraj, A, Giunipero, L, Naslund, D & Thute, A Towards Supply Chain Coordination and Productivity in a Three Echelon Supply Chain: Action Research Study, International Journal of Operations and Production Management Vol. 35 Iss 6 pp. 895 – 924
- 2015 Donovan, S, Guss, D and Naslund D, Improving dynamic decision making through training and self-reflection, Judgment and Decision Making, Vol. 10, No. 4, July 2015, pp. 284–295
- 2014 Kembro, Joakim, Selviadikis, Kostas and Naslund, Dag, Theoretical perspectives on information sharing in supply chains: A systematic literature review and conceptual framework, Supply Chain Management: an International Journal Vol.19, No.5/6 , pp. 625-609.
- 2014 Kembro, Joakim, and Naslund, Dag, Information sharing in supply chains, myth or reality? A critical analysis of empirical literature, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 44, No.3, pp. 179-200.
- 2013 Naslund, Dag “Lean and six sigma – critical success factors revisited”, International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences., Vol. 5, No.1, pp.86-100.
- 2013 Urciouli, Luca, Paulraj, Antony and Naslund, Dag “The role of the law enforcement agencies in transport security, a survey with Swedish operators”, Forthcoming in Logistics Research
- 2012 Da Mota Pedrosa, Alex, Naslund, Dag and Claudia Jasmand, “Logistics case study based research: Towards higher quality”, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol.42, No.3, pp.275-295
- 2012 Naslund, Dag and Hulten, Hana, “Supply Chain Management Integration: a critical analysis”, Benchmarking – an international journal, Vol. 19, No. 4/5, pp. 481 – 501.
- 2011 Kale, Rahul, Paulraj, Antony and Naslund, Dag, “Innovative and comprehensive online testing in quantitative courses”, International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 163-178.
- 2010 Naslund, Dag, Kale, Rahul and Paulraj, Antony, “Action Research in Supply Chain Management – a framework for relevant and rigorous research”, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 31, No.2, pp. 331-355.
- 2009 Naslund, Dag and Axman, Nina, Process Based Performance Measurement Systems – driving forces and barriers, International Journal of Logistics and Transport, Vol.3, No.2., pp.91-113.
- 2008 Naslund, Dag, Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Sigma – fads or real process improvement methods? Business Process Management Journal, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 269-287.
- 2008 Naslund, Dag and Williamson, Steven, Supply chain Integration: barriers and driving forces in an action research based industry intervention, Supply Chain Forum – An International Journal, Vol.9, No.1, pp.70-80.
- 2008 Naslund, Dag, Process Mapping for Process Analysis and Education – An example from the students’ own environment, Business Education Forum, Vol.63, No.2, pp.52-56.
- 2007 Bulomole, Yemisi, Frankel, Robert and Naslund, Dag, Developing a Theoretical Framework for Logistics Outsourcing, Transportation Journal, Vol.46, No.2, pp.35-54.
- 2006 Naslund, Dag, Olsson, Annika and Karlsson, Sture, Operationalizing the Concept of Value – an action research based model, The Learning Organization – an International Journal, Vol.13, No.3, pp.300-332.
- Frankel, Robert, Naslund, Dag and Bolumole, Yemisi, Entering the White Space of Logistics Research, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol.26, No.2, pp.185-209.
- Naslund, Dag, On-Line Testing for Logistics and Operations Management, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol.3, No.2, pp.357-365.
- 2005 Naslund, Dag and Newby, Michael, ERP Implementations: critical success factors and lessons learned from other organizational innovations, Applied Computing and Informatics, Vol.3, No.2.Naslund, Dag, The Importance of Culture and Change Management in Planning for an ERP Implementation, Supply Chain Forum – an International Journal (ISLI) – Vol.5, No.1, pp.24-36.
- 2004 Naslund, Dag and Karlsson, Sture, From Function to Process – A Logistics Based Framework For Transforming Tetra Pak Business Support, Knowledge and Process Management, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 68-77
- 2002 Naslund, Dag, Logistics Needs Qualitative Research – especially action research, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol.32, No.5, pp.321-338.
- 2002 Kung, Mabel and Naslund, Dag, Enhancing Organizational Strategy Through a Process-Based Framework for End-Users, Asian Journal of Information Technology, January, pp. 1-6.
- 2002 Naslund, Dag, Logistics for Managing and Improving Processes, Supply Chain Forum – an International Journal (ISLI) – Vol.3, No.2, pp.48-58.
- 2001 Kung, Mabel, and Naslund, Dag, A Value-Oriented Model in Technology for Business Personnel, Journal of International Information Management, Vol.10, No.2, pp.75-84.
Publications – Book Chapter
- 2008 Action Research: rigorous research approach or Scandinavian excuse for consulting? In Northern Lights in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Copenhagen Business School Press, pp.99-116.
Recent Publications - Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- 2012 Naslund, Dag, Lean and six sigma – critical success factors revisited, QMOD international conference,Poznan, Poland,September.
- 2012 Naslund, Dag, Da Mota Pedrosa, Listou, Tore and Thomas Ekstrom, Defining Case Study Research A road map for different forms of rigorous CSR, Nofoma, Turkuu, Finland, June.
- 2011 Kembro Joakim and Naslund, Dag Information sharing in the supply chain: an exploratory study, Nofoma, Harstad, Norway, June.
- 2011 Intra-organizational communication as an enabler of internal integration Hulten, Hana and Kembro Joakim, Naslund, Dag Intra-organizational communication as an enabler of internal integration Nofoma, Harstad, Norway, June.
- 2010 Naslund, Dag, Williamson, Steven, and Eva Berg, Industry standards and process standardization: an exploratory study with implications for supply chain management, RIRL, Bordeaux, France, October.
- 2010 Naslund, Dag and Hulten, Hana, A Critical Review of Supply Chain Management Integration – why, what, how and when, Madrid, Spain, September.
- 2010 Naslund, Dag, Information Sharing in Supply Chains, Euroma, Porto, Portugal, June.
2009 Naslund Dag, A Critical Analysis of Supply Chain Management Integration and Visibility, OSCM, Penang, Malaysia, December.
- 2009 Naslund, Dag, Supply Chain Management Curriculum Issues and Developments, DSI, New Orleans, November.
- 2009 Naslund, Dag and Norrman, Andreas, Organizational Improvement Methods: Deconstruction and Prediction, Euroma, Gothenburg, Sweden, June
- 2009 Ekstrom, Thomas, Johnsson, Carina, Stenius, Olle, Urciuoli, Luca and Dag Naslund, A Framework for Case Study Research Design – highlighting the reviewers’ perspective, Nofoma, Jonkoping, Sweden, June.
- 2009 Naslund, Dag, Kale, Rahul and Antony Paulraj, Action research for Supply Chain Management, CSCMP Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark, May.
- 2008 Eltantawy, Reham, Naslund, Dag and Antony Paulraj, Towards Creating a Value Stream in a three echelon Supply Chain: Case Study, Decision Sciences Institute Annual Conference, Baltimore, November.
- 2007 Olsson, Annika, Naslund, Dag and Signori, Paola, Lean and/or Agile Supply Chain Research: model application for the service industry, Nofoma, Iceland, June.
- 2007 Naslund, Dag, Action Research in Supply Chain Management South Eastern Decision Sciences Institute Conference, Savannah, Georgia, February.
- 2005 Naslund, Dag, The Rise and Fall of Improvement Methods – is anything new under the sun? The International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management, Indonesia, December.
- 2005 Naslund, Dag and Holmberg, Stefan, Do ERP Systems Facilitate Process Orientation and Integration – a global case study, Nofoma, Copenhagen, Denmark, June.
- 2004 Naslund, Dag, Frankel, Robert, and Bolumole, Yemisi, Systems Theory Applications For Supply Chain Management: development of a measurement structure, Critcom, Italy, December.