Areas of Expertise
• Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), National Commission for Health Education
• Florida Department of Elder Affairs Nursing Home, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Related Disorders
Training Provider, December 2004
• Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management (PAHM), December 2001
• Master Trainer, Stanford University Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, April 2009
• Master Trainer, Boston University, A Matter of Balance Program, August 2009
• Leader, Arthritis Foundation, Arthritis Self-Help Program, August 2008
• Intrinsic Coach, Totally Coached, Inc, November, 2010
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida - 2005
Master of Public Health - Community Health
Internship - NE Florida Area Health Education Center (150+ hours)
Master of Science in Health - 2005
Bachelor of Science in Health - 2000
Community Health, summa cum laude
Internship - Community Hospice of NE Florida (360 hours)
Health Education and Training
• Developed training materials including curriculum, manuals, and Computer Based Training.
• Nationally certified and experienced health educator; conducted osteoporosis, injury prevention, arthritis and caregiver education throughout Florida
• Adjunct Instructor, College of Health, Department of Public Health, University of North Florida
• Visiting Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Recruited and trained volunteers for non-profit organization.
Marketing and Customer Service
• Established Customer Service Unit.
• Supervised regional sales and marketing office, including customer service.
• Managed a territory of 30+ small group accounts with a high retention rate.
• Developed and monitored operational plans and multi-million dollar budget, including corporate reporting.
• Recovered over $500,000 in unallocated expenses.
• Administered AS/400 and LAN computer systems, including training of all staff.
• Analyzed existing processes and made recommendations for improved efficiency.
• Earned Six Sigma Yellow Belt (2005).
• Researched state and federal legislation for potential impact to the corporation and assured compliance
• Administered the Florida Department of Health Bone Builders Osteoporosis Education Program, 2004-2005.
• Collaborated with stakeholders and fellow employees at all levels to administer programs, resolve issues.
• Facilitated various corporate workgroups; experience with community coalitions and committees.
• Hired, trained, and supervised as many as 17 employees over a period of 10 years.
• Maintained confidentiality regarding sensitive information at all times.
• Managed operations and projects for a branch office and corporate divisions
• Exhibited excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to build relationships with the community, clients, and colleagues at all levels. Relates well with all age groups. Facilitated Caregiver Support Group.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Eta Sigma Gamma National Health Honor Society, 2004
• The National Deans List, Phi Kappa Phi, and Golden Key Treasurer, 1999
• University of North Florida Undergraduate Community Health Scholarship Award, April 2000
• Blue Cross Blue Shield External Deployment Lifesaver Award, 2002
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Advancing Customer-Driven Excellence Award, 2004
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
• Elected member: Employee Grant Review Team, Blue Foundation for a Healthy Florida (2001-2003)
• Co-Facilitator: Blue Cross Blue Shield Caregiver Support Group (2001-2005)
• Member: Florida Public Health Association (FPHA) and Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
• Member: Florida Council on Aging (FCOA); Duval County Volunteer Outreach Interagency Communication for the Elderly (VOICE); Past President and Treasurer, Substance Abuse Geriatric Education & Services Coalition (SAGES)
• Volunteer: Community Hospice of NE Florida (1995-present)
• Member, United Way, Life: Act 2 Culture Shift Committee (2003-2006)
• At-Large Director, University of North Florida Alumni Association Board of Directors (2005-2006)
• Member, Alumni Board, University of North Florida, College of Health (2005-2006)