Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Planning (Not-for-Profit and Private Sector)
- Business Enviroment Strategic Assessments
- Business Model Design and Deployment
- Acquisition and Merger Integrations
- Grant Writing and Grant Administration
- Public Relations Management
- Project and Portfolio Management
Masters in Business Administration 1997, Jacksonville University, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts, 1984, Stetson University & Universidad de Madrid, Cum Laude
Susan Daniels has led 70-90 staff allocated across diverse business lines, programs and sites while serving as a
- District Program Coordinator for a state public assistance program,
- Executive Director for a multimillion-dollar social services agency, and
- Strategy Integrator for a $12 billion enterprise in the healthcare field.
While performing these roles, the state program consistently exceeded performance goals and won accolades by the Governor; the social services agency grew revenue by 66%; and the healthcare enterprise penetrated new markets through strategic partnerships.
Her strengths lie in the development and execution of business plans/grant applications/project plans resulting in
- significant expansion of existing books of business,
- startup of new business lines,
- facility acquisitions and renovations,
- migration to new business models,
- merger and acquisitions, and
- launches into new geographic markets.
In addition, Susan continues to strengthen her cultural competencies. She has studied Latin, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Completed her B.A. in Spain and toured the capitals of Western Europe. She has also studied the Torah, Bible, Quran and writings of the 14th Dalai Lama.
Over her career, Susan has delivered professional development seminars for groups of 30-350. Subject matter has spanned from operational procedures and policies, to general business acumen subjects, to certification exam prep courses. Experience gained working with private industry, government agencies, trade associations and universities. Susan currently instructs Project Management courses at UNF's college of business, college of computing, and the division of continuing education.
- UNF Coggin College of Business
- UNF Mathews College of Computing
- UNF Division of Continuing Education - Professional Development Dept.
- Project Management Institute (International Association of Proj. Mgmt Professionals)
- Northeast Florida Project Management Institute Chapter
- Beaches Fine Arts Series
- Co-Chair Grant Allocation Committee- Northeast Florida United Way
- President Sertoma Club- St. Augustine Chapter
- Troop Leader - Girl Scouts of Gateway Council
Grants and Contracts Awarded
- Older American's Act Titles II, III and IIIB $460K-$610K per year
- Medicaid Waiver $120K-$153K per year
- Community Care for the Elderly $380K-$420K per year
- Transportation Disadvantaged Grants $480K-$552K per year
County and Community
- Public Safety and Welfare $180K-$210K per year
- Alzehimers Association $110K-$145K
- United Way $ 4K-$ 22K