Areas of Expertise
sport management, marketing, fitness, sports, education, leadership, and higher ed, administration
Florida State University: Tallahassee, Florida
Doctor of Philosophy in Sport Administration, 2000
Dissertation: A Qualitative Analysis of Teacher and Student Perspectives of a Distance Learning Personal Fitness Class
Dr. Kane is the Associate Dean of the College of Education and Human Services as well as a Professor of Sport Management. She currently teaches graduate level courses in Athletic Administration. Her research areas of interest include professional preparation of sport management (community based learning and online learning) and fitness education. Dr. Kane has published her research in various sport management journals as well as presented at sport management conferences across North America. One of her primary professional interests is in curriculum and program development. In addition to her teaching and research duties, Dr. Kane served as the Faculty Athletics Representative and serves on the Board of DIrectors for the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation.
· Nominated for the Outstanding Service Award (2011, 2012)
· Nominated for the UNF Mentor of the Year Award (2010)
· Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award (2006-2007).
· Nominated for the Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award (2003-2004 and 2002-2003). Nominated by COEHS faculty. Finalist
· 2001-2002: Sport Educator of the Year. Award given by the Florida Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance, and Sport.