UNF Admissions Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
The University of North Florida is closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and has implemented the following changes to protect the health of our prospective students.
For the latest information on the University of North Florida's response to coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UNF coronavirus website.
- Zoom Meetings - The Office of Admissions is also virtually open and ready to help answer your questions about your application and the university! Submit this form to schedule a virtual Zoom meeting with an Admissions Coordinator.
- Remote operations - From March 17 until further notice, the university will transition to temporary remote work. The Office of Admissions will be open remotely and is ready to assist you as needed. At this time, the best method of communication will be through email at email@example.com or to text "UNF Admissions" to 877-877.
- Application deadlines - UNF is accepting applications on a rolling basis as usual. We still encourage students to apply as soon as possible for maximum consideration. The deadline for Summer 2020 admittance is June 1, and the deadline for Fall 2020 is July 1.
- Application fee waivers: Upload a signed, PDF copy of your application fee waiver through the myWings Student Portal by selecting the "My Application Status" tile. In the comments column of your checklist table, select "Upload Document".
- Deadline Extensions: For transfer and post-baccalaureate students, the following deadlines have been extended to the dates posted below.
Fall 2020 - ASL/English Interpreting: April 10
Fall 2020 - Pre-licensure Nursing: June 1
Fall 2020 - Accelerated Pre-licensure Nursing: June 1
- Transcripts - UNF accepts SSAR transcripts so students can still apply without their official transcripts at this time. All students are strongly encouraged to have their schools send documents as soon as possible upon graduation and UNF will consider students with late documents on a case-by-case basis.
- High school transcripts: Complete the Self-reported Student Academic Record (SSAR) to submit your high school transcript. For more information visit our SSAR FAQ page.
- Post-secondary transcripts: Upload unofficial, PDF copies of your college transcripts through your myWings Student Portal by selecting the "My Application Status" tile. In the comments column of your checklist table, select "Upload Document". Make sure that your full name and the institution name are visible in the document.
- Standardized Testing and Scores- UNF understands that standardized testing events may be cancelled during this time. We are prepared to work with students on a case-by-case basis if they are unable to take the SAT/ACT and submit scores before the approaching application deadlines.
- ACT and/or SAT test scores: Upload PDF copies of your ACT and/or SAT test scores through your myWings Student Portal by selecting the "My Application Status" tile. In the comments column of your checklist table, select "Upload Document". Make sure that your full name, composite score and sub-scores are visible in the document.
- Residency - UNF is still accepting residency declarations for tuition purposes. Complete the declaration through your myWings Student Portal by selecting the "What's Next" tile followed by "Declare residency for tuition purposes". If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person events and tours - UNF has cancelled all in-person admissions events and campus tours until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that we are still very committed to connecting with you and your family. The UNF Welcome Center will directly reach out to all guests directly who had registered for a tour or event during this time to reschedule. During this time, UNF Admissions is bringing campus tours to you! Follow UNF Admissions on Instagram and Facebook for Campus Tour Takeovers, posted every Tuesday and Thursday. Follow along as UNF tour guides take you on a virtual tour of campus without leaving your home!
- One-Stop Student Services/Financial Aid - One-Stop's telephone and walk-in services will be suspended until further notice. During this time, you can contact One-Stop at email@example.com with any financial aid questions you might have.
- New Student Orientation- Currently we are still planning to host our New Student Orientation programs as scheduled. First year students planning to attend UNF are still encouraged to sign up for New Student Orientation as a means of confirming their attendance. If we have to make any changes to hosting the event, we will work with students to reschedule their Orientation sessions at that time. Contact the Orientation office with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated March 30 at 12 p.m.