Skip to Main Content

Non-Degree Seeking Students

Thank you for your interest in non-degree study at the University of North Florida. Non-degree courses can be taken for enrichment, certification or to meet pre-acceptance requirements for entry into a graduate degree program. The Office of Admissions processes all non-degree applications. Here are the items you will need to submit in order to take courses in a non-degree seeking status:

  • Completed application for admission.
  • Submit the $30 non-refundable application fee.
  • All students, regardless of age, must complete the medical compliance immunization form. All students born after 1956 must also present documented proof of immunity to measles (Rubeola) and Rubella (German measles) to the Student Health Services Office.
  • Documentation of residency status will be needed for Florida resident tuition rates. Residency FAQs

Important information before registration

  • No more than 12 undergraduate semester hours earned as a non-degree student may be transferred to a UNF undergraduate degree program. The transfer of any course(s) to a degree program earned while in a non-degree seeking/special status must be recommended by the dean or designee of the college which administers the program.
  • First-time-in-college freshmen are prohibited from enrolling as non-degree seeking/special students.
  • Students enrolled in a non-degree/special status will register for classes on a space-available basis.
  • Degree-seeking students receive priority registration for courses. Non-degree students are only allowed to register just prior to the start of each term.
  • Non-degree seeking students are non eligible to receive Financial Aid.
  • Non-degree/special students wishing to continue at UNF beyond one term must apply as a degree-seeking student. Successful completion of coursework in a non-degree status does not guarantee admission to the University.
  • Certain courses may require permission from the instructor prior to registration. In order to request a registration override:
    • Login to myWings
    • Select the Student Records box
    • Then select Student Forms from the menu
    • Then select the Online Forms, Appeals and Petitions button
    • Under Records and Registration, select Registration Override Request
    • Fill out form and submit

Important information after registration

Payment: Students are not sent a bill for tuition, so you will need to log into myWings to check what you owe. There are a variety of ways to pay tuition and fees, online, e-check, cash, etc. For more information on payment and deadlines visit:

Books: Textbooks and course materials are available at the UNF bookstore. Bookstore locations can be found at:

Parking: All students must purchase a parking permit in order to park on campus. More information is located at

Post-baccalaureate Non-Degree

If you decide to pursue a graduate degree at UNF in the future, it is important to understand the university regulations about non-degree coursework. The following provides a brief description about non-degree graduate study at UNF; additional information can be found in the university's academic catalog:

Transient students

If you are already enrolled in one institution and wish to temporarily enroll at UNF to transfer credits back to your home institution, you must obtain approval from your academic advisor at your home institution before pursuing transient enrollment at UNF. Information on the transient process can be found here.