UNF has compiled a report of several studies that document the beneficial effects of campus living on students’ academic and social performance. Some include:
- "Crossing the Finish Line: Completing College at America's Public Universities"
By: Bowen, William G., Chingos, Matthew M., McPherson, M.S. Princeton University Press, 2009
- "Measuring Outcomes of Living-Learning Programs: Examining College Environments and Student Learning and Development"
By: Inkelas, Karen Kurotsuchi, Vogt, Kristen E., Longerbeam, Susan D., Owen, Julie E. The Journal of General Education, Volume 55, Number 1, 2006, pp. 40-76
- "What matters to student success: A review of the literature"
By: Kuh, G. D., Kinzie, J., Buckley, J., Bridges, B., and Hayek, J. C. Bloomington: Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research, 2006
- "Student Involvement: A Developmental Theory for Higher Education"
By: Alexander W. Astin (1984). Journal of College Student Personnel, 25(3), 297-308
- "The Other Curriculum: Out-of-Class Experiences Associated with Student Learning and Personal Development"
By: Kuh, G. D. (1995). Journal of Higher Education, 66(2), 123-155
- "Predictors of Academic Success for Freshmen Residence Hall Students"
By: Zheng, J. Lily; Saunders, Kevin P.; Shelley, Mack C., II; Whalen, Donald F. Journal of College Student Development, Vol 43(2), Mar-Apr 2002, 267-283
- "The Impact of College Residence on the Development of Critical Thinking Skills in College Freshmen
By: Patricia Inman, Ernest Pascarella Journal of College Student Development, v39 n6 p557-68 Nov-Dec 1998
- "Contributors to Student Satisfaction With Special Program (Fresh Start) Residence Halls"
By: Donald F Whalen. Journal of College Student Development. Washington: Mar/Apr 2005. Vol. 46, Iss. 2; pg. 176, 17 pgs
- "The Effects of Residential Learning Communities and Traditional Residential Living Arrangements on Educational Gains During the First Year of College"
By: Pike, Gary R. Journal of College Student Development, Vol 40(3), May-Jun 1999, 269-284