TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Training & Development Committee helps advisors stay up to date on training methodologies and policies to best support students. The Committee's duties include:
- Creating advisor training workshops
- Developing and maintaining experiential learning/shadowing opportunities with campus partners and advising mentors
- Coordinating professional development opportunites, including the AAC Retreat and quarterly webinars
- Creating and facilitating case scenarios and roundtable discussions for AAC meetings
- Providing access to advisor training resources
- Promoting membership and participation in State (FLACADA) and National (NACADA) Advisor Organizations as presenters or attendees, as well as involvement in commissions and interest groups, etc.