Academic Advising Council
The Academic Advising Council (AAC) supports academic advisors at the University of North
Florida (UNF) by sharing best practices within advising, encouraging the professional
growth of advisors, and working with campus partners to promote initiatives for
student success and retention.
Membership is comprised of any UNF employee who holds a role in academic advising, including, but not limited to, academic advisors, faculty advisors, assistant directors, associate directors, and directors of
advising units. Representatives from other campus units or bodies may be non-voting ex-officio members of AAC when deemed appropriate and invited by the council.
The AAC has four standing committees:
- Training & Development
- Governance: Elizabeth Peter, Daniel Ross, Emily Schroder, Jeremy Baker, Ambrey Wilson, Jody Morgan
- Directors' Steering
The AAC has four presiding officers:
- Outreach Officer - Lou Broder
- Training & Development Officer
- Assessment Officer - Maria Carter
- Meeting Coordinator - Heather Hutchins