Textbook Adoption & Affordability
Coming for Summer and Fall 2018 - Follett DISCOVER tool - an easy way to enter your textbook adoptions!
Memo from Interim Provost Chally
The textbook adoption system is available to faculty and departments to submit FALL 2018 textbook adoptions and course materials requirements.
and compliance deadlines for fall adoption is below. Visit UNF’s Textbook
Adoption & Affordability page for more information and instructions on Textbook Adoption
and instructions on submitting your textbook information into the system.
posting of textbook requirements has the strong support of the student body,
and it is a requirement in the Florida Statutes.
Faculty and departments are encouraged to submit their FALL 2018 textbook
adoptions by the date below so that this information is available
to students when planning their schedules. Textbook information helps
students better balance their course loads based on reading requirements and
plan for their financial needs, including the purchasing of books.
Our FALL 2018 textbook adoption preferred deadline date is APRIL 20th and our FALL 2018 textbook adoption required deadline is JULY 6th.
*****PLEASE REMEMBER that if you plan to forgo any textbooks for a
course, you must complete the form and indicate that “no text is
To log into the Follett Discover Textbook Adoption tool, go to myWings and under Faculty Tab, Faculty Tools, click on Textbook Adoptions.
Refer to the Instructions sheet located in the right column on this page.
If you have any questions about
the textbook adoption submission process, please contact the textbook adoption
Web site administrator at 620-1252 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does the
bookstore need textbook adoptions early?
- The bookstore researches every title/ISBN requested for courses held at the University (over 2500 courses and 2300 titles). Which means for every ISBN submitted, they research the title to ensure/project that they will have enough copies of the title to meet the needs of our students.
- The bookstore conducts research to determine if UNF can buy books back from the current students enrolled (during Finals Week) to pass the savings onto future students by offering used book options.
- The bookstore contacts publishers to see if and when new editions are coming out to inform office managers/faculty that their current selection could be an old edition by the new term start date.
- The bookstore contacts office managers/faculty on usage questions (e.g. does the instructor require the use of an access code in the package? If not, they could potentially make the book less expensive for students).
- The bookstore searches for the best cost option for students (e.g. used books, loose-leaf options, custom options).
- Publishers require at least 6 weeks to print, package, and ship custom orders.
Read the Affordability Textbooks: A Policy Guide published by Ethan Senack, US PIRG Education Fund and the Student PIRGS, March 2014