The University of North Florida has approximately 560 full and part time faculty. Faculty ranks include full, associate and assistant professors in either tenured or tenure-earning positions, lecturers, instructors, librarians, and part-time faculty. Our faculty is affiliated with one of six colleges: Arts and Sciences, Brooks College of Health, Coggin College of Business, College of Computing, Engineering and Construction, College of Education and Human Services, and Hicks Honors College. Our faculty bring to the community of Jacksonville a tremendous amount of expertise in areas from aging and art to weather and zoology. The Faculty Expertise/Bio website has been developed to achieve several goals and will reach both internal and external community members.
Goals of this project:
- To create an “expertise” database easily accessed by the community.
- To consolidate faculty data and provide a one-stop resource for various constituencies to get faculty information (media, institutional advancement, Academic Affairs, ORSP, etc).
- To address a common need for access to an accurate faculty listing which will be automatically updated (deleted, revised to reflect new title, etc):
- A global directory of all faculty to replace the current Faculty Directory
- A college-level directory of faculty
- A department-level director of faculty
- To provide a template for faculty which is easily accessed through a familiar environment to input biographical information and keywords of expertise. This template could replace or supplement individual faculty webpages.