Brooks College of Health Scholarships
This page serves as a resource for Brooks College of Health (BCH) student scholarship applicants and recipients. The information and documents below will help guide students through the scholarship application and award processes. Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
The spring 2018 scholarship application process will open for BCH students on Monday, January 15, 2018 and will close on January 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
The fall 2018 scholarship application process will open after add/drop week in August 2018.
General Scholarship Information
Each scholarship requires students to be enrolled in a minimum amount of credit hours each semester. For more information, please review the scholarship list provided below in Step 1. This list will be updated prior to each fall and spring scholarship application cycle.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): Students are reviewed for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at the end of each term. Students who fall into SAP warning or suspension receive an email informing them of their SAP status. Students in SAP suspension may submit a SAP appeal to the University. Unless the appeal is submitted and approved, the student will not be eligible to receive a BCH scholarship; the appeal process should take place prior to applying for any scholarship awards. The SAP Appeal Forms and Instructions can be found on the link provided below. For questions regarding Financial Aid, please contact (904) 620-5555.
Funding: Scholarships awards are contingent on the availability of funding.
Step 1: Review available scholarships related to your major
Provided below are available scholarships for each BCH department (Nutrition and Dietetics, Clinical and Applied Movement Sciences, Public Health, Health Administration, and the School of Nursing) Click the links below to view available scholarships related to your major.
Step 2: Review how to apply for a scholarship and how to view essay requirements
First, review the general scholarship application process, instructions and essay requirements, by clicking the link below. This document will explain how to apply for scholarships in each department.
Second, click the document links below to view a step-by-step MyWings tutorial for your major.
Step 3: Apply for your scholarship
Using the MyWings student tab, apply for your scholarship. Once you have completed and submitted your scholarship application, you will receive a confirmation message at the top of the application page. The scholarship application review and selection process can take four to six weeks. Decision notifications will be sent via e-mail to each applicant.
Step 4: Scholarship recipient responsibilities
Students who are awarded a scholarship will be required to complete the steps listed below. It is very important that award recipients meet the donor(s) and express their gratitude in the form of a thank you letter as well as attend a scholarship reception.
- Sign and return offer letter: student award recipients will receive a scholarship acceptance letter via e-mail. This letter should be signed and turned in to the BCH Dean's Office (Bldg. 39, Room 3031), by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Write and submit a donor thank you letter: students can review the thank you letter guidelines and a sample thank you letter template below. Letters should be completed and submitted electronically (Word format only), by e-mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. All thank you letters will be mailed to the donors from the Dean's office. Please see helpful tips below for more info.
- Attend a scholarship reception event: students should plan to attend a scholarship reception event. These dates and times will be shared with the students by the Dean’s office. This event will provide the students an opportunity to meet with the donor(s) and express their gratitude in person. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly for updates
Some upcoming events include:
- The annual BCH Scholarship Luncheon will take place on Monday, April 16, 2018 at the Adam Herbert University Center (doors open at 11:30 a.m.). This is a large celebration in which student scholarship recipients and donors will be invited
- Ackerman Community Health Endowed Scholarship: will occur in Spring 2018 at Dr. Ackerman's office
- Baptist Medical Center - Nassau Auxiliary: Is typically scheduled for the following September
- Baptist Medical Center - Jacksonville Auxiliary: April 19, 2017
- Northeast Florida Medical Group Management Association: Event dates will be shared during the spring semester
- Memorial Hospital Auxiliary: Is typically scheduled for July 2018
Additional Scholarship Thank You Letter Tips:
Make an impact: Your thank you letter is very important to the donor! It provides you with an opportunity to share your own personal story as well as a way to express your gratitude for the award.
Make it your own: Use the sample thank you letter template as a guide, but please share your own story and do not copy the wording in the example. The letter does not have to be long, but it should be heartfelt.
Write professionally: You want to make a good impression! Have a friend or family member read your letter for revisions and feedback before submitting it to the Dean’s Office. Letters that contain many writing and grammatical errors will be returned to the student for correction. This could delay getting your letter to the donor.