Standard Releases and Volunteer Acknowledgment
Standard standard releases and the standard volunteer acknowledgment are documents that have been approved for use by the President, appropriate Vice President, and the Office of the General Counsel. There are currently six standard releases and one standard volunteer acknowledgment which have been approved for use.
Information Regarding Standard Releases
- Standard Releases. The Office of the General Counsel has created or updated standard releases for use for the majority of routine University activities. As a result, please discard any prior releases that you have previously been using.
- Specific Risks. Each of the standard releases requires that the Sponsor, Organizer or Operator identify all the foreseeable risks that will be involved in the activity. For example: transportation, running, hiking, swimming, or other physical activity.
- Required Information. Please make sure that the participant has provided all required information, initialed each of the applicable paragraphs, and signed and dated the release.
- Two-Page Standard Releases. If the standard release is two pages, please copy it so that it appears on the front and back of a single piece of paper. If you do not have that capability, please securely staple both pages of the release together.
- Minors Cannot Execute Releases. The standard releases must be signed by an individual who is eighteen (18) years of age or older or his/her parent or legal guardian must execute the release on his/her behalf. The minor must secure the signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to participation in the activity.
- Customized Release. If any of the standard releases below do not meet the needs of the activity, please contact the Office of the General Counsel and we will prepare a release that specifically addresses the needs of your activity. (Please do not alter the existing Releases to attempt to make them address your specific activity.)
- Retain the Executed Releases. The executed releases must be retained for a period of four (4) years from the date of the activity.
Standard Release Forms
Student Activity Release
For execution by UNF students involved in routine activities on campus and is written broad enough so that it covers most situations.
General Activity Release
For use by an individual who is not a UNF student but is participating in a UNF sponsored activity on or off the University campus.
Field Trip Release (Off Campus Activity)
For any type of course field trip or when a course will be meeting at a location off the University campus.
Minor Event Release
For any situation where an individual under the age of eighteen (18) will be participating in a University sponsored event on or off campus. This would include sports camps, academic camps, or any other type of activities sponsored by UNF, its authorized clubs, or other authorized entities. This Release is to be signed by parent or guardian of minor.
Third Party Release
For situations where an outside entity enters UNF's campus and operates an event in which individuals will participate. This Release is not for the participants to execute, but for the third party to acknowledge that they are aware of their legal obligations regarding operating an activity on the University campus.
Should be utilized when an individual is being photographed or videotaped and their likeness may be reproduced or otherwise published. (The photograph release language has been incorporated into all other standard releases.)
Photograph Release (CDRC)
Should be utilized by the Child Development and Resource Center for parent or legal guardian to execute on behalf of a minor child
Photograph Release (Student to Student)
Should be used when an individual is being photographed or videotaped by another student and their likeness may be reproduced or otherwise published. (This includes any photos of students in the library, on the green or anywhere else on campus.)
Transformational Learning Opportunity (TLO) Acknowledgment
Should be used by Faculty when students are engaging in an off-site internship, practicum or TLO as part of course field experience.
Transformational Learning Opportunity (TLO) Release
Should be used by Faculty when students are engaging in an unsponsored off-site internship, practicum or TLO as part of course field experience.
Standard Acknowledgment Form
Should be used for any adult, unpaid volunteer assisting with a campus activity, whether it be for a one time event or for an extended period of service.