Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
The offices of Faculty Enhancement (OFE) and Undergraduate Research (OUR) are delighted to announce that as of the 2020-2021 academic year, the University of North Florida is an Enhanced Institutional Member of the Council on Undergraduate Research -- CUR: the premier organization of its kind in the United States, whose mission is to "support and promote high-quality mentored undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity" and provide outstanding professional development opportunities for the entire UNF community.
Enhanced institutional membership is the "gold standard for campus engagement with CUR," and it means faculty, staff, administrators, and students can all join at no additional cost, allowing everyone to enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to the CUR Member Resource Library and CUR Remote Undergraduate Research Resources database.
- An electronic subscription to the journal Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research (SPUR).
- The ability to network and collaborate with other members to discuss issues, solve problems, and share resources in the CUR Community. The CUR Community includes an open forum for all members as well as special networks for sharing job postings and a student journals community.
- Major discounts to attend CUR conferences and CUR dialogues, which feature workshops and opportunities to network with peers and representatives of funding agencies.
- Free access to CUR-hosted webinars.
- Access to information on funding opportunities, jobs, and other resources on the members-only portion of CUR's website, in the biweekly CUR E-News, and in the CUR Community.
- Eligibility to receive mentoring or pre-submission proposal reviews from colleagues in a particular discipline.
- The opportunity to develop and be recognized for leadership skills within the academic community for serving on CUR committees and on the General Council or participating in departmental consulting, speaking, and other leadership activities.
- Discounts on Wiley publications.
To active your membership and begin accessing your benefits, please visit the Enhanced Institutional Membership page of the CUR website.