The Cloud Computing Research Group at UNF was established in Fall 2011 and focuses on infrastructure and performance evaluation and benchmarking of cloud computing platforms, cloud architectures, applications of cloud computing, cloud middleware, and security threats to cloud computing infrastructures. The research group is directed by Dr. Sanjay Ahuja. Faculty, students and other individuals interested in how the future of cloud computing evolves through research and education are welcome to contact Dr. Ahuja. He serves on the editorial review board of the International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC). He is also a member of, and represents UNF, at the SPEC Research Group (RG) and the SPEC RG Cloud Working Group. Dr. Ahuja and Dr. Roger Eggen are the lead faculty members of this research group.
Article in the Jacksonville Business Journal
Member of the SPEC Research Group (RG) and the SPEC RG Cloud Working Group
· Dr. Ahuja is a member of, and represents UNF, at the SPEC Research Group (RG) (http://research.spec.org/home.html) and the SPEC RG Cloud Working Group (http://research.spec.org/working-groups/rg-cloud-working-group.html)
The Cloud Working Group investigates cloud benchmarking and cloud performance evaluation through diverse quantitative evaluation tools, including benchmarks, metrics, and workload generators. The Cloud Working Group focuses on novel cloud properties such as elasticity, performance isolation, dependability, and other non-functional system properties, in addition to classical performance-related metrics such as response time, throughput, scalability, and efficiency.
4. Ahuja, Sanjay P., Mani, S., Empirical Performance Analysis of HPC Benchmarks Across Variations of Cloud Computing, International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC), Volume 3, No. 1, pp. 13 – 26, 2013. http://www.igi-global.com/article/empirical-performance-analysis-hpc-benchmarks/78515
5. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., Moore, B., State of Big Data Analysis in the Cloud, Journal of Network and Communication Technologies (NCT), Volume 2, No. 1, pp. 62 – 68, June 2013. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/nct/article/view/26587
6. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., Komathukattil, D., A Survey of the State of Cloud Security, Journal of Network and Communication Technologies (NCT), Volume 1, No. 2, December 2012. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/nct/article/view/21403
7. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., Mani, S., and Zambrano, J., A Survey of the State of Cloud Computing in Healthcare, Journal of Network and Communication Technologies (NCT), Volume 1, No. 2, December 2012. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/nct/article/view/19240
8. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., and Sridharan, S., Performance Evaluation of Hypervisors for Cloud Computing, International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC), Volume 2, Issue 3, November2012. http://www.igi-global.com/article/performance-evaluation-hypervisors-cloud-computing/72326
9. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., and Rolli, A., Exploring the Convergence of
10. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., and Mani, S., Availability of Services in the Era of Cloud Computing, Journal of Network and Communication Technologies (NCT), Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 97-102, June 2012.http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/nct/article/view/14392
11. Ahuja, Sanjay, P., and Mani, S., The State of HPC in the Cloud, Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, Volume 3 No.2, pp. 262-265, February 2012. http://www.cisjournal.org/journalofcomputing/archive/vol3no2/vol3no2_20.pdf
12. Ahuja, Sanjay, P. and Rolli, A., Survey of the State-of-the-Art in Cloud Computing, International Journal of Cloud Computing and Applications, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp. 34-43, October 2011.http://www.igi-global.com/article/survey-state-art-cloud-computing/60407
· Submitted a grant proposal titled Towards Benchmarking and Performance Evaluation of HPC and Big-Data Applications on IaaS Clouds to the National Science Foundation, January 2014, $438,917.
· Submitted a grant proposal titled Tacit Knowledge to Virtual Training (TK2VT) to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in collaboration with the MAF Center for Advanced Manufacturing, October 2013. $42,000.
· Ahuja, Sanjay, P. Awarded a grant by Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Vistakon) Corporation, Benchmarking and Performance Analysis of VMWare ESXi Based Private Cloud. 2013-2014.
· Ahuja, Sanjay, P. UNF Summer Teaching Grant to Dr. Ahuja for Summer 2012 for developing a new graduate course in Cloud Computing.
· Ahuja, Sanjay, P., Eggen, Roger, Seyed-Abbassi, Behrooz, UNF Foundation Grant for research in Mobile Cloud Computing. Applied Spring 2013.
· Empirical Performance Analysis of Mobile Cloud Computing (completed November 2013)
· Performance Evaluation of Data Intensive Computing in the Cloud (completed August 2013)
· High-Performance Computing (HPC) in the Cloud (completed December 2012)
· Performance Evaluation of Hypervisors (completed April 2012)
· Cloudlets Computing
· Empirical Evaluation of Public Cloud Computing Infrastructures
· Open Source Private Cloud Computing Architectures
· Dr. Sanjay P. Ahuja
· Dr. Roger Eggen
· Dr. Behrooz Seyed-Abbassi
· New 6000-level Graduate Course: Cloud Computing, offered for the first time in Spring 2013 by Dr. Ahuja
· Kerwin Roslie
· Thinh Le
· Inan Kaddour
· Thomas Furman
· Jesus Zambrano (October 2013)
· Bhagwathi Kaza (August 2013)
· Sindhu Mani (December 2012)
· Suganya Sridharan (April 2012)
· Niharika Deval. Fall 2013 – Spring 2014.
· Thomas Furman. Spring 2013 – Summer 2013.
· Bryan Moore. Fall 2012 – Spring 2013.
· Sindhu Mani. Fall 2011 – Spring 2012.
· Alan Rolli. Fall 2010 – Spring 2011.
· Sindhu Mani, High Performance Computation in the Cloud, Summer 2011.
· Deepa Komathukattil, A Survey of the State of Cloud Security, Spring 2012.
· Ahuja, Sanjay, P., Let’s Head for the Clouds: A View of Cloud Computing, College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction (CCEC) Colloquium at the University of North Florida, February 2013.
Dr. Sanjay P. Ahuja, Ph.D
Fidelity/FIS Distinguished Professor in Computing and Information Sciences
Senior Member, IEEE
School of Computing
College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction
University of North Florida
Jacksonville, FL 32224.
Direct phone line: (904) 620-1317
Phone: (904) 620-2985
Fax: (904) 620-2988