Letters to (various) Editors
- On Iraq and Grenada. The year
2003 marked the twentieth anniversary of the US invasion of Grenada.
This essay appared in the Folio Weekly late that year.
- On Bilingual Education and
"Official English." This brief lettitor to the Times-Union
didn't get published either.
- On Columbus Day. I wrote this
essay in 2002 as a response to an editorial in the Florida
Times-Union on the meaning of Columbus Day; but, they didn't print
- A Reason for Ebonics. This
essay appeared in the Hagerstown, Maryland (my home town) Herald
Mail in February, 1997.
- On "Race." This is an essay on race
from an anthropological perspective. It's a preliminary attempt and
will soon get some updating, so please keep checking back.
- On Language. Again, this
essay can use some revision, which will happen soon.
- Language. I wrtoe this entry
for the Sage Encyclopedia of
Anthropology, published in 2006.