Differential Equations -Fall 2006
The “ ±`` will be included only to improve your grades
· Last day to withdraw ( with 25% refund)– September 22nd
· Last day to withdraw (no refund)– November 9th
· Holidays (no classes or office hours) – Labor Day- Sept. 04th , Veterans Day- Nov 10th, Thanksgiving- Nov. 23-26th ,
· Exam 1: Sept. 18, 2006(Monday)
· Exam 2: Oct. 25, 2006(Wednesday)
· Exam 3: Nov. 29, 2006(Wednesday)
· Final Exam is Monday, Dec. 11, 1:00-2:50pm.
Technology: A graphing calculator (e.g. TI83) is recommended but not required. Graphing calculators which perform symbolic manipulations (e.g. TI89, TI92) will not be allowed for tests and quizzes. You may use ordinary scientific calculators, but no graphing calculators are allowed for quizzes or exams (including the Final) unless otherwise specified by the instructor. I will demonstrate dynamics of differential equations using MATLAB/XPPAUT programming languages.
Attendance: is required;
parts of this
class may be in a cooperative learning format. You will be assigned
in and out of class. Repeated absences (more than 4 unexcused) will
lowering your grade in the course. Students absent for university
events or must make arrangements for making up the work they will miss
they are absent.
Homework: is required. Selected problems from your textbook will be assigned and graded. Late homework will not be accepted without a valid reason.
Disclaimer: The instructor reserves the right to amend this syllabus at any time. Changes will be announced in class. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of any changes.