Race, Gender, and Diversity
Dr. JeffriAnne Wilder is a sociologist and scholar specializing in diversity, race relations and gender issues. She is currently an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Florida.
As a black woman and sociologist, JeffriAnne is very passionate about connecting sociology to the everyday issues occurring within our society. She writes, researches, and lectures on the contemporary experience of black Americans and other racial/ethnic minorities.
In the news
- An Open Letter of Love to Black Students: #BlackLivesMatter
- Color Stories: Dr. Wilder's New Book on Black Women and Colorism
- Two Black Scholars in New Teaching Roles
- Celebrating the Achievements of Black Women in Higher Education
- Zimmerman Case Has Race as a Backdrop, but You Won’t Hear It in Court - New York Times
- Dr. JeffriAnne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- U.S. Racial Divide Over Eric Garner Choke Hold Death