James R. Churilla, Ph.D., MPH, MS, RCEP, CSCS, FACSM
Department of Clinical and Applied Movement Sciences
- University of North Florida Research Council, 2015-17.
- Search Committee – University of North Florida – Department of Public Health faculty search committee, 2014-15.
- Promotion and Tenure Committee – Clinical and Applied Movement Sciences, 2014-15.
- Chaired research presentation session for 2014 ACSM Annual Meeting, World Congress on Exercise is Medicine, and World Congress on the Role of Inflammation in Exercise, Health and Disease: Enhancing Performance through Training Interventions.
- Search Committee – University of North Florida – Clinical and Applied Movement Sciences Exercise Science faculty search committee, 2013-14.
- Promotion and Tenure Committee – Clinical and Applied Movement Sciences, 2013-14.
- Search Committee – University of North Florida Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) Assistant Vice President for Research, 2013. (Dr. John Kantner)
- Member at Large - Clinical Exercise Physiology Association (CEPA) 2012 -2014.
- Chair - University of North Florida Selection Committee – 2012 Outstanding Faculty Awards.
- University of North Florida Scholarship and Research Committee, 2010-12.
- University of North Florida Faculty Association Research Committee, spring 2010 - present.
- BCH Search Committee – Exercise Science Instructor, spring 2010.
- BCH Associate Dean Search Committee - fall 2009 - spring 2010.
- Member at Large Executive Board member 2009-2011 SEACSM.
- Chaired presentation session for 2009 SEACSM: ACSM Certification: Leading the Way in Making Exercise Good Medicine. Presenter: Hope Wood, M.S.
- Faculty Development Committee - University of North Florida Brooks College of Health 2007- 2010.
- ACSM CCRB Sub-Publications Committee 2007-2011.
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Southeast Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine
- American College of Epidemiology
- American Physiological Society
- American Heart Association / America Stroke Association
- National Strengh and Conditioning Association
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PUBLICATIONS
Churilla, J.R. The Best Workout to Boost your Metabolism. Men’s Health – Rodale, Inc- 25th Anniversary Issue. November, p.23, 2013.
Snyder, W., Chau, C., Makosch, S., Churilla, J.R. Lipids and Health: A Guide for the Fitness Professional. ACSM’s Certified News. April-June. 21:(2) 2011. PDF
Cassato, N., Churilla, J.R. HIV and Exercise. ACSM’s Certified News. April-June. 19:(2), 2009. PDF
Churilla, J.R. Starting a Personal Training Business. ACSM’s Certified News. April- June. 18:(2), 2008. PDF