These are the slides for some of the talks I have given in the
past. Unfortunately, I don't have good computer files for many of
my older talks.
- How to Destroy the World with Number Theory (PPT, 3 MB) - A description of the Diffie-Hellman key exchange. Talk was given at a Pi Mu Epsilon awards banquet and a Math/Stat Club meeting.
- What is Elliptic Curve Cryptography?
(PPT, 4.4 MB) - A description of the elliptic curve key exchange.
Talk was given at the MAA Northeast Florida Regional meeting, the MAA
Florida sectional meeting, the Embry-Riddle Undergraduate Research
Conference, and the Honor's Math course.
- Fractals from Root Solving Methods
(PPT, 3.4 MB) - Visualizations of certain root-solving methods (like
Newton's method), especially visualizations that lead to
fractals. Talk was given at the MAA Florida sectional meeting.
- Curves and Surfaces from 3-D Matrices
(PPT, 6 MB) - Pretty pictures based on 3-D matrices. Talk covers
the undergraduate research performed by Richard Barfield. Talk
was given at the MAA Florida sectional meeting.
- Squishin' Stuff (PPT, 80 KB) - Description of Huffman compression. There are also two handouts: huffman compression and huffman chart. Talk given in the Graduate Seminar and in various courses.
- Duality for Immersed Manifolds (PPT, 1 MB) - Defines
Euclidean duals and perpendicular sphere bundles. We then show
that the duality of the Gauss map of a sphere bundle is equal to the
singularity set of the Gauss map of the perpendicular sphere
bundle. Talk was given at the Workshop on Singularities in
Geometry and Applications, Bedlow, Poland.
- Bitangencies on Higher Dimensional Manifolds
(PPT, 6 MB) - Talks about the bitangency counting problem, and how it
can be generalized to higher dimensions. Talk was given at the
International Conference of Singularities, Sao Carlos, Brazil.
- Self-Conjugate Vectors of Immersed 3-Manifolds in R6 (PPT,
1.3 MB) - Looks at asymptotic and self-conjugate vectors of
3-manifolds, and classifies all generic configurations. Talk was
gien at the Workshop on Singularities in Geometry and Applications,