- Homework 10, Due April 15
- Homework 9, Due April 8
- cubic1.pdf - Picture of y^2=x^3+1 (I handed it out in class also)
- Homework 7, Due February 25
- From the book, do 3.8 a, b, 3.9 a-c, 3.10.
- hw7.mw - Maple portion of homework
- prime-test.pdf - Short recap of the primality test and definitions
- hw7-help.pdf - The book problems are harsh. Here is a bit of help.
- Homework 6, Due February 18
- hw6.pdf - This is a printout of the Maple file, in case you want to work on some problems without a computer in front of you.
- Homework 5, Due February 11
- Note: For the book problems, you are allowed (encouraged) to
use Maple for your modular arithmetic. However, I still want to
see all of the steps written (i.e., don't use mlog to get the discrete log for the problem where you are supposed to do Shank's).
- 2.7, 2.17 a, 2.18 a, d, e, 2.19
- And then you have two problems in Maple: hw5.mw
- When you finished the Maple assignment, send it to me via Digital Dropbox in Blackboard (this course now has a Blackboard page)
- Homework 4, Due February 4
- 1.37 (nah, just kidding)
- 1.38, 1.39 b and c, 1.42, 1.43, 1.45, 1.46
- 2.1 and 2.2 (just kidding again, but these are interesting topics)
- 2.3, 2.4 a and b
- Homework 3, Due January 28
- Homework 2, Due January 21
- 1.10 a and b, 1.14, 1.15 a and b, 1.16, 1.19, 1.21
- Homework 1, Due January 14