Beyza C. Aslan
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
University of North Florida
Phone: (904) 620-3713
Office: Building 14, Room 2710
Ph.D in Applied Mathematics, 2007, University of Florida
M.S in Applied Mathematics, 2003, University of Florida
B.Sc in Mathematics, 1999, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
My research focuses on lightning modeling and data analysis. Recently, I have been interested in data modeling of rare genetic metabolic disorders in order to improve diagnostic process.
For lightning movies I generated by using MATLAB and the actual lightning and topological data, click here.
- Identifying common elements in late-diagnosed late-onset MADD patients by using graphs, Mitochondrion, submitted, preprint.
- Modeling the change in electric potential due to lightning in a sphere, Appl. Anal., DOI: 10.1080/00036811.2015.1113527, pdf.
- Three Dimensional Charge Structure of a Mountain Thunderstorm, William Hager, Beyza Caliskan Aslan , Richard Sonnenfeld, Timothy Crum, John Battles, Michael Holborn, and Ruth Ron, (2010) J. Geophys. Res., 115, D12119, doi:10.1029/2009JD013241, .pdf
- The change in electric potential due to lightning, William W. Hager and Beyza Caliskan Aslan, M2AN Math. Model. Numer. Anal., (ESAIM: M2AN), 42 (2008), 887-901, .pdf
- A generalized eigenproblem for the Laplacian which arises in lightning, Beyza Caliskan Aslan, William W. Hager, and Shari Moskow, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 341, (2008), 1028–1041, doi:10.1016/j.jmaa.2007.11.007, .pdf
- Analysis of charge transport during lightning using balloon borne electric field sensors and LMA, William W. Hager, Richard G. Sonnenfeld, Beyza Caliskan Aslan, Gaopeng Lu, William P. Winn, and William L. Boeck, (2007), J. Geophys. Res., 112, D18204, doi:10.1029/2006JD008187, .pdf
- Course Coordinator, MAC 1105 (College Algebra)
- Spring 2016: MAS 3105 (Linear Algebra), Schedule
- Fall 2015: MAC 1105 (College Algebra), MAC 2233(Business Calculus), MAC 2312 (Calculus 2)
- Summer 2015: MAC 1105 (College Algebra)
- List of earlier courses, click here.
This page has last been modified on June 29, 2015