Maria Atilano was elected as committee chair for 2017/18, and Dawn Witherspoon was elected as secretary.
Committee members discussed possible guest speakers for 2017/18. Suggestions included the following:
- Community Engagement – Heather Burke (September)
- Student Union – suggestion from Pam; depts being charged for spaces (October)
- International Office – Ruth Lopez or Tim Robinson (November)
- Physical Facilities – Chuck Hubbuch, grounds crew
- Dining Services – Dennis Negin, changes, updates
- Tenure & Promotion system – Marianne Jaffee (Other committee?)
- Office of Assessment
- Hicks Honors College
- Counseling Center
- General Council
- Environmental Health and Safety
The committee will vote on regular meeting days and times for Fall 2017, with the new chair sending out a Doodle poll. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons were agreed upon as possible meeting times for Fall, with the location being the library’s second floor conference room. There will be no meeting in December. Once times have been set, committee members will contact representatives from Community Engagement, the Student Union, and the International Office to finalize speakers.