From: Kreidl, O Patrick
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:06 PM
To: Nam, Siho <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Truelove, Heather <email@example.com>; Loh, Chung-Ping <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Dally, William <email@example.com>; Maxis, Sophie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Hall, Jeremy <email@example.com>; Hart, Dana <firstname.lastname@example.org>; K Balasubramanian, Chitra Lakshmi <email@example.com>
Cc: Lai-Chin, Fong Chuen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Action Items from the Jan 14th Meeting
Hello N&E Committee Members,
Below are action items from today’s meeting, along with attachments that you are free to leverage -- please don’t hesitate to identify omissions or request clarifications.
You can find a formal discussion of the Nominations and Elections Procedures in Article VII of the FA Bylaws (see https://www.unf.edu/unffa/Bylaws.aspx); Articles IV and VI are equally relevant to our committee’s activities.
: Via email to your college faculty, disseminate the “Call for Nominations for 2016-2018 FA Officer Positions.”
- Suggestions: Highlight the Feb 4th deadline, that no one person may be nominated for more than one officer position and that election results should be available by mid-March. (Also, Article IV of the FA Bylaws provide more details about the three positions: president, vice-president and secretary.)
- Procedures: For self-nominations, confirm receipt with nominee and forward to myself and Cindy; for non-self-nominations, confirm interest by nominee before forwarding to myself and Cindy, keeping the nominator private.
- Customize the committee vacancy snapshot to your specific college, which boils down to completing the highlighted items in the second attachment based on the information in the third & fourth attachments.
In early Feb
: Via email to your college faculty, disseminate the “Call for Nominations for 2016-2018 FA Standing/University Committee Positions,” attaching the snapshot you prepared in 2 as a courtesy to your faculty.
- Suggestions: Highlight Mar 3rd deadline. (Also, Article VI of the FA Bylaws provide more details about the committees, including their charges.)
- Procedures: Same as 1.b, where weekly bulk forwarding (e.g., every Friday afternoon) to myself and Cindy would be sufficient.
N&E Information Items for Feb FA Meeting.doc – Content that you are welcome to cut & paste into the email communication of action items 1 and 3.
Committee Vacancies 2016 Snapshot (College).docx – Template for action item 2
FA Standing Committee Vacancies 2016.doc – Info for action item 2
University Committee Vacancies 2016.doc – Info for action item 2