Programs Committee – Michael Bovenzi
The committee met this morning,
December 4 at 10am in the OFE/FA Conference room. January 8, 2015 APC mtg is
cancelled. Next meeting is on Thursday, February 5 at 10 AM. They are working on the online resource for
filling out APC packages and improving communication. Dr. Klostermeyer noted that any input is
appreciated as they work to improve the system.
Academic Standards Committee – Edwin
They met December 2. They will meet January 14 10:30 to
11:30 AM. They are forwarding two policies to the Executive committee for
review, regarding withdrawal and distance learning. They reviewed the appeals policy and came up
with drafts for the academic appeals committee chair regarding the review of
Adjunct Affairs Committee –Robert Schupp
The committee did not meet this month.
Budget Advisory Committee – Paul Mason/Julie
Julie Ingersoll reported that we have an information item in
the packet regarding salary comparisons between UNF faculty and corresponding
CUPA salaries for various time periods before and after adjustment for
inflation. It should be noted that many of the comparisons are not optimal
given that the UNF disciplines differ from those for which CUPA provides
information, and in particular, there are no CUPA values for senior instructors
or lecturers; or for fields like Transportation and Logistics, Accounting,
specific categories of Engineers, and several others. With this being said, not
surprisingly, our salaries are generally on the low side.
The committee met on November 13 with guest Associate
Provost Jay Coleman. He discussed costs per full time equivalent across the
five colleges for the long semesters for 2008 through 2013-2014. While the
costs were at different levels across the Colleges (from $3,132 to $6,000 per
FTE depending on the year and College), only BCH revealed a decline in the cost
per FTE due to their sizable growth in student credit hours. Each of the other
colleges showed per FTE cost increases of $1,300 to $1,600 over the five years.
They will meet again in January after they determine what time work best with
Technology Committee – Donna Mohr
They cancelled their meeting yesterday, December 3. They
have not set the time for January meeting. The technology survey will close
December 5. The committee meets in 51/3201 COAS Dean’s conference room.
Faculty Affairs Committee – David Fenner/Steven
David Fenner reported that they continued their
conversations about community engagement and service learning and textbook affordability,
and the teaching award eligibility language. They talked with Megan Kuehner
about developing policy language about removing students from course regarding
disruptive behaviors. They will meet
December 11 at 12:15 p.m. to continue to conversation about ISQ use and
evaluations and refine the community engagement and service learning
terms. Dr. Klostermeyer noted that the
textbook costs are not on the website when faculty adopt the textbooks and that
will hopefully be changed. They will
continue to discuss ways to incentivize faculty who wish to use cheaper or no
Faculty Enhancement Committee –Susan
Susan Massey reported that they met on November 24th
and discussed the grants. They sent recommendations to the AA office and award
letters will go out in next week or so. There will be reviewer comments on the
letters going to the award winners and those who were not awarded. There will
be no FEC meeting in December. They will
meet on January 28 at
10 am in OFE/FA conference room.
Nominations & Elections Committee –
Albert Loh/Pingying Zhang
Albert reported that the committee has completed the process and information
item 1 has the list of members. The meeting in January will be scheduled.
Research Committee –Courtney McLeland
They met November 17 and November 24 to discuss applications and submitted
their recommendations to Academic Affairs. They met on December 1 to discuss
review process and other issues.
Strategic Planning Advisory Committee- Pali
The committee met on December 2nd at 12:15 pm in the OFE/FA
conference room. Len Roberson was the guest. The discussion was on distance
learning. A question was asked about the APC process for DL courses. Dr.
Roberson said that at this time there is no APC process. Next meeting is Tuesday, February 3 at 12:15
p.m. in OFE/FA conference room. One information item is in the package.
Support Services Committee –Robert
The committee met on December 1st at 2:00 pm in
CCB 42/2004. There are more faculty permits available –about 80 more in the
arena, so everyone should be able to get a permit. There are several food service organizations
opening—the Pita Pit is opening near the pool. The biggest demand is between
9:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Committee –Scott Hochwald
The committee met on November 18. The committee will
meet on Tuesday, December 9 at 12:15 pm in the OFE/FA Conference Room, Bldg 16,
3rd floor, room 3108. There is an information meeting for the
October mtg only is changed to
12:30 p.m. There is one agenda item 3+3 ACCELERATED LAW PROGRAM.