Minutes of Meeting

Executive Committee Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Location: OFE/FA Conference Room - Osprey Commons, Bldg 16, 3rd Floor, Rm 3108

Call to Order:

The Executive Committee meeting was called to order at 12:16 p.m. by vice chair, Scott Hochwald.

Members Present:

Scott Hochwald, Katrina Hall, Michael Bovenzi, Pali Sen, Elizabeth Gregg, Richard Patterson, Paul Eason, , Elizabeth Gregg, Pingying Zhang, Luke Cornelius, Aisha Johnson, Gordon Rakita, Donna Mohr, David Fenner, Patrick Kreidl, Chip Klostermeyer, Diane Tanner, Georgette Dumont

Members Absent:

Steven Williamson

Ex-Officio Members:

Cindy Chin

Others Attending:

Kathy Robinson
  • Approval of Minutes

    The minutes from October 20, 2015 were approved as posted on the webpage.

  • Association President Updated Report – Chip Klostermeyer

    Please review Information Item #1 regarding ISQs and administration dates.
    The Faculty Association leadership and APC committee agreed to table Agenda Item #2 (Proposal for Master of Science – Management Major - Graduate) until additional documentation is provided.

  • New Business

    STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:

     

    Executive Committee- Scott Hochwald
    Information Item #1- Disapproval of Legislature Calendar #FA 15-44, ISQ Timing.

     

    Academic Standards Committee – Steven Williamson
    Diane Tanner reported for the committee. They met on October 16 and discussed a First Day Attendance Policy.  The Financial Aid Office will draft a policy for review. They looked at Grade Inflation and found that there was no difference over time with regard to increased grade inflation. They looked at the withdrawal time limits for lab courses—students who withdraw from a class with a lab are listed as having withdrawn from two classes. They determined that no new policy was needed upon this time. Next meeting is Friday November 20 at noon in the OFE/FA Conference Room.

     

    Adjunct Affairs Committee – Elizabeth Gregg
    The committee met on Wednesday, October 21 and discussed adjunct orientation. They felt that moving it online is most appropriate due to part-time faculty schedules. They met with Cheryl Gonzalez about posting adjunct positions-there is an EEO issue with not posting; the committee will draft a resolution for academic affairs to be considered at the next meeting.  Monday, November 30 at 4:00 pm is next meeting.


    Budget Advisory Committee – Richard Patterson/Alan Harris
    They meet Wednesday, November 19th with Shari Shuman.

     

    Campus Technology Committee – Donna Mohr 
    They will meet Friday, November 20 at 10:00 am in the OFE/FA Conference Room.

     

    Faculty Affairs Committee –-David Fenner/Gordon Rakita
    At the last meeting, they discussed restructuring of colleges; they will contact Provost to inform him that they are not able to develop a systematic set of guidelines as no agreement could be reached. They discussed a Research Identity Statement; they will launch a scholarship survey for faculty to respond regarding their view of research and scholarship. December 10th is the next meeting; students from DIVEST UNF who will talk about UNF’s holdings in companies that are morally suspect. Agenda Item #1-FA 15-42 FA Bylaws- 2nd reading (Faculty Affairs Charge Update Proposal)

     

    Faculty Enhancement- Paul Eason
    They were delayed by issues with the Qualtrics during the review of the teaching grants; those reviews should be done this week. They have cancelled tomorrow’s meeting and will likely reschedule the meeting for next week. The committee will be taking over the task force for the review of Faculty Enhancement and Dr. Richard’s activities. They will invite guests to help with the process.

     

    Nominations and Elections Committee – Pingying Zhang/Patrick Kreidl
    Information Item #2- Result of Election for the Nominations and Elections committee draft; there was a tie for the Library position which will be decided by a coin toss after the Executive Committee meeting. The toss will be handled by chair, Pingying Zhang and witnessed by Patrick Kreidl.
    P.S. -  Drs. Zhang and Kreidl tossed a coin after the FA EC meeting on 11/17/2015, and Jeremy Hall shall represent
    the Library. 


    Research Council- Aisha Johnson
    They met October 26 and discussed the grant review process; their deadline for scoring the proposal is November 20. However, the Qualtrics survey program has caused some issues, so the deadline may be extended. The committee meets November 30th to go over the proposals and reviews.

     

    Strategic Planning Advisory Committee - Pali Sen
    They met Tuesday, November 2nd in the OFE/FA Conference Room.  They have a scheduled meeting on Tuesday, December 1 and there are two information items.
    Information Item #3 -Graduate Rate
    Information Item #4 -Observations on UNF Data

     

    Support Services Committee – Luke Cornelius
    Met on October 27th; they will meet on Tuesday, November 24; will be hosting the business talk by Cathryn Hagan, Associate Director of the Small Business Development Center.

     

    Academic Programs- Michael Bovenzi
    They met November 5; they will meet on Thursday, December 3, 2015 in OFE/FA Conference Room.
    Agenda Item# 2 -FA 15-46: CCB - Graduate (New Degree Proposal)
    This item was tabled.

     Agenda Item# 3 -FA 15-47: COAS – Undergraduate    
    This has multiple log numbers; the item was approved for the agenda
    Agenda Item# 4 -FA 15-48: COAS – Graduate
    This package was approved for the agenda
    Agenda Item# 5 -FA 15-49: CCB – Undergraduate
    This item was approved for the agenda
    Agenda Item# 6 -FA 15-50: CCB – Graduate
    This item was approved for the agenda.
    Agenda Item# 7 -FA 15-51: CCEC – Undergraduate
    This item was approved for the agenda
    Agenda Item# 8 -FA 15-52: CCEC – Graduate
    This item was approved for the agenda
    Agenda Item# 9 -FA 15-53: COEHS – Undergraduate
    Log number: 201508-15 will be returned for some changes to leadership course title, description, and credit hours.The remaining items were approved for the agenda, and Log# 201508-15 will be on the next agenda during the December Executive Committee meeting.
    Agenda Item# 10 -FA 15-54: BCH – Undergraduate
    The item was approved for the agenda.
    Agenda Item# 11 -FA 15-55: BCH – Graduate
    The item was approved for the agenda.
    Agenda Item# 12 -FA 15-56: BCH – Doctorate
    The item was approved for the agenda.
    Agenda Item# 13 -FA 15-57: HHC – Undergraduate
    The item was sent back to clarify the summary language.


  • Consent Agenda

    No consent agenda.

  • Other

    Fall Term Exam Schedule.

  • Adjournment & Next Meeting

    The meeting was adjourned at 1:37 p.m.
     

    Association Meeting:  Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 12:15 PM in the Talon Room, Ospreys Commons, Bldg 16, 4th floor.
     

    Executive Committee Meeting:  Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 12:15 pm in the OFE/FA Conference Room, Osprey Commons, Bldg 16, 3rd Floor, Room 3108