Minutes of Meeting

Executive Committee Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Location: OFE/FA Conference Room - Osprey Commons, Bldg 16, 3rd Floor, Rm 3108

Call to Order:

The Executive Committee meeting was called to order at 12:15 p.m. by Faculty Association Vice-President Scott Hochwald.

Members Present:

Chip Klostermeyer, Scott Hochwald, Richard Patterson, Liz Gregg, Georgette Dumont, Paul Eason, Aisha Johnson, Pali Sen, Luke Cornelius, Michael Bovenzi, Patrick Kreidl, Diane Tanner, Gordon Rakita, David Fenner, Donna Mohr

Members Absent:

Steven Williamson

Ex-Officio Members:

Cindy Chin, Kathy Robinson

Others Attending:

none
  • Approval of Minutes

    The minutes from November 17, 2015 were approved at 12:16 p.m. as posted on the webpage.

  • Association President – Chip Klostermeyer

    FA Exec. Committee will meet with the Provost on Tuesday, February 2, 2016 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM in the
    Academic Affairs Conference Room located in Building 1, 2nd Floor, Rm 2600.

    FA Exec & Faculty Affairs will meet with the President on Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 3pm in the President's Conference room. 

     

    Kathy Robinson noted that Governor Scott has proposed there be a rule or standard that 100% of the graduates from the two most frequently awarded degrees in the university be employed in one year. At UNF, the two most common degrees are Psychology and Communication.

  • New Business
    STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:

    Executive Committee Scott Hochwald

    There was no report.

     

    Academic Standards Committee Diane Tanner

    They will meet Friday, January 15th, 2016 in the OFE/FA Conference Room.

     

    Adjunct Affairs Committee    Elizabeth Gregg

    They meet today at 2 p.m. Cheryl Gonzalez will join to discuss adjunct issues.

     

    Budget Advisory Committee    Richard Patterson

    They will meet Thursday, January 14th, 2016 with Jay Coleman.

     

    Campus Technology Committee   Donna Mohr

    One Information Item# 1 – Fall Funding Summary

    Discussed how to reduce the paper for the spring round. They will meet in January, date to be determined.

     

    Faculty Affairs Committee   David Fenner/Gordon Rakita

    They will meet on Thursday, January 14, 2016 in OFE/FA Conference Room. They will talk about content for a survey about research. They have been working on a draft of the survey that they will share. They will meet with DIVEST UNF.

     

    Faculty Enhancement Committee Paul Eason

    They met to make the recommendations for the summer teaching grants. Faculty will be notified. They are excited to serve as the task force for Office of Faculty Enhancement. They will be providing recommendations based on a previously done review.

     

    Nominations and Elections Committee  Patrick Kreidl

    They will meet early in the spring. Dr. Klostermeyer recommended that the committee create an easy to read list for the April elections. Dr. Sen asked if there is a replacement needed in the middle of the year to ensure that all faculty receive an email notification.

     

    Research Council Aisha Johnson

    They will meet the 2nd week of January.

     

    Strategic Planning Advisory Committee Pali Sen

    Erroneous mistake of wrong posting Information Item# 2-Resoulution on Distance Learning, the item needs to be removed from the agenda.  They meet this Thursday, December 10 at 12 pm in President’s Office Conference Room. Their guest is President Delaney. They will not meet in January.  The University Strategic Planning Committee meeting will meet next Thursday, December 16.

     

    Support Services Committee Luke Cornelius

    They met last month and will not meet until January 28th, 2016.

     

    Academic Programs Committee Michael Bovenzi

    They met on December 3. They will not meet in January. They will meet February 4th.  Dr. Bovenzi had

    noted that this past month he met with COAS APC Committee. The chair and co-chair were following

    outdated materials that were still on the website.  Dr. Bovenzi will review and take off outdated

    materials. Dr. Rakita asked that someone consider putting together some training materials/

    presentations. Dr. Bovenzi will update the site with a list of actions that can be done without

    the APCs. He noted that if there is something that faculty don’t know about, to contact him and he will

    look for the answer.

     

    Agenda Item# 1-FA 16-01:  CCB - Graduate (New Degree Proposal)

    A concern was expressed about the faculty overload costs. Dr. Coleman approved the overload plan.

    The item was approved to be on the agenda.


    Agenda Item# 2-FA 16-02:  COAS – Undergraduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 3-FA 16-03: COAS – Graduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 4-FA 16-04: CCB – Graduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 5-FA 16-05: CCEC – Undergraduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 6-FA 16-06: COEHS – Undergraduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 7-FA 16-07: COEHS – Graduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 8-FA 16-08: BCH – Graduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 9-FA 16-09: BCH – Doctoral

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

    Agenda Item# 10-FA 16-10: HHC- Undergraduate

    This item was approved to be on the agenda.

     

  • Consent Agenda

    No consent agenda for January 2016 FA mtg.

  • Others

    2015-2016 DP, SCH, SER, FCESCH Faculty Awards

  • Adjournment & Next Meeting

    The meeting was adjourned at 1:22 p.m.


    Association Meeting:
       Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 12:15 p.m. @Talon Room, Osprey Commons,
    Bldg 16, 4th Floor

    Executive Committee Meeting:  Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 12:15 p.m. @ OFE/FA Conference Room, Osprey Commons, Bldg 16, 3rd Floor, Room 3108.