Cheryl Gonzalez, Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity was present and provided insight into how other universities, including FSU and UWF had addressed this issue. She also addressed concerns related to ensuring UNF policies and actions of UNF representatives provide for inclusion in the adjunct recruitment process.
The discussion that followed included:
- Current recruitment practices on a college and department basis
- Identification of a protocol for posting advertisement for adjunct positions
- Potential development of an adjunct pool
- Importance of a process that addresses potential actions that could be considered discriminatory
- The need for development of guidelines for adjuncts
- Possible inclusion of adjuncts in the new employee orientation activity
A motion was made by Elizabeth Gregg that the committee draft a resolution to develop an adjunct recruitment process. The motion was passed unanimously.
Elizabeth Gregg and Linda Connelly will work with Cheryl Gonzalez in February to draft guidelines for adjunct recruitment process.