Minutes from November 5, 2015 meeting were approved (posted on the web).
Coffee, Hot Tea, & Water are provided for the meeting. All are invited to the Faculty Association Luncheon Buffet Meeting at 12:15 PM on the 4th Floor, Talon Room. Lunch services start at 11:30 AM.
Chair Bovenzi reported that he will be attending the COAS Faculty meeting 12/4/15 to review the APC workflow process and timetable. Additionally, he reported he will review and update instructional information on the workflow system.
*** All the APC corrections are requested to be done by Friday, December 4, 2015 in order to catch up the December Executive Committee meeting. They will be forwarded to the January 2015 Faculty Association Meeting.
If your APC corrections cannot be submitted by 12/4, then your APC Workflow System packages will be DELAYED until February 2016 Faculty Association Meeting.
Exceptional, Deaf, and Interpreter Education
Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work
Art and Design
School of Nursing
School of Nursing
CHILDHOOD EDUCATION, LITERACY, & TESOL
Log Number: 201508-78 Childhood Education, Literacy, & TESOL – Graduate
Change an existing non-degree program Certificate - Early Childhood Education Changed course title EEC6261 (3 credits) Program Planning for Infants, Toddlers, and Young Children
Added elective RED6303 (3 credits) Building Literacy through Play as a course option for literacy component
EXCEPTIONAL, DEAF, AND INTERPRETER EDUCATION (1 PACKAGE)
Log Number: 201501-21 Exceptional, Deaf, and Interpreter Education – Graduate
Add a new non-degree program
Certificate - International Education Certificate (GR)
Certificate is a minimum of 15 credits with at least one required study abroad internship, practicum, or independent study (e.g., Belize, England, China, Africa). No additional resources needed.
MANAGEMENT (1 PACKAGE)
Log Number: 201508-37 Management - Graduate
Change a degree-major-concentration of an existing program Master of Business Admin. –
General Business Major e-Business Concentration
PACKAGE APPROVED PENDING CHANGES:
1) In POS, underline and insert “add” to new course and include the prefix, course number and
2) In Summary, change the first two sentences to reflect the new course and omit the reference to
courses not offered.
ENGLISH (1 PACKAGE)
Log Number: 201508-83 English – Undergraduate & Graduate
Change an existing minor for Film Studies Minor – Undergraduate
Terminate existing course, FIL 5305 Documentary Workshop
Change FIL 5377 Advanced Documentary Production
1) In proposed section for FIL 4848 and FIL3826, remove course number;
2) If the title is changing, have the old and new course titles in the summary;
3) For the new proposed course title, indicate the name change in the POS;
4) Remove prerequisites in course descriptions if there are no prerequisites.
SOCIOLOGY, ANTHROPOLOGY, AND SOCIAL WORK (3 PACKAGES)
Log Number: 201508-101 Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work – Undergraduate
Change a degree-major of an existing program Bachelor of Social Work – Social Work Major
Add a new course, SOW 4xxx Child Abuse and Neglect (3 credits)
Add a new course, SOW 4xxx Child Welfare Practice (3 credits)
1) Strike out stipend sentence;
2) Add sentence stating total hours remain the same.
Log Number: 201508-102 Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work – Undergraduate
Change a degree major concentration of an existing program Bachelor of Arts Sociology Major Social Welfare Concentration
Add new courses in Log#201508-101 as elective options
Log Number: 201508-103 Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work – Undergraduate
Change an existing minor Social Welfare Minor
BIOLOGY (2 PACKAGES)
Log Number: 201508-91 Biology – Undergraduate
Change existing course Physiology
Remove PHY 2054 Algebra Physics II and PHY 2054L Algebra Physics II lab prerequisites for PCG 4713C
PCB 3023C is the prerequisite
PACKAGE APPROVED PENDING CHANGE:
1) Change title of package to state, “Remove Prerequisites from…”
Log Number: 201508-115 Biology – Graduate
Change an existing course Critical Skills in Science BSC6840
ART AND DESIGN (3 PACKAGES)
Log Number: 201508-97 Arts and Design – Undergraduate
Changing an existing minor Photography Minor
Change from 15 credits to 18 credits;
Change 9 hours to 12 semester hours of upper level courses for the photography minor
Change from Select 1 to 2 PGY 3000-30000 level course
1) Changed title of package to state, “Photography Minor”
(done in the meeting)
Log Number: 201508-98 Arts and Design – Undergraduate
Change a degree major concentration of an existing program Bachelor of Fine Arts Major Photography Concentration
1) Delete course #401 in proposed section and leave this blank;
2) In PGY 2401C, remove the second mention in the summary to avoid a change and confusion
from the state;
3) Change the course objectives in all courses to start with action verbs and start with “learners will
be able to…”;
4) For PGY 4476 in the summary list restrictions being added;
5) Remove old POS and add revised POS for the major.
Log Number: 201508-99 Arts and Design - Undergraduate
Add a new course PGY 2XXXC digital Photography for Non-Photography Majors (3 credits)
Add a new course PGY 3XXXC Study Abroad: Photography in Italy (3 credits)
1) Change the course objectives in all courses to start with action verbs and start with “learners will
be able to…”.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (4 PACKAGES)
Log Number: 201508-53 Construction Management (Undergraduate)
Change a degree-major of an existing program
Bachelor of Science-Building Construction Major
1) In the summary, change “Communications” to plural rather than how it reads now as singular;
2) Reword the summary so the course states it is a required course for all students, not just native
3) List the course as 3 credits in the summary;
4) In the summary add a sentence that indicates the total credit program hours do not change.
Log Number: 201508-54 Construction Management (Undergraduate)
Change an existing course, Construction Techniques, BCN3224
1) In summary, list course titles with the course numbers and correct the typo of prerequisite;
2) In the course description, if a prerequisite is listed, a new description is needed without the
Log Number: 201508-56 Construction Management (Undergraduate)
Add a new course, Maritime Construction BCN 3xxx
Committee Changed: Package title to read “Add Elective”
1) Revise #2 learning outcome; use an action verb with stating, “demonstrate understanding”
Log Number: 201508-57 Construction Management (Undergraduate)
Change an existing course Construction Management Intern BCN 4944
1) Add course number and title to course in the summary;
2) If prerequisites are listed in the current course description, a new description will be needed
without the prerequisites.
PUBLIC HEALTH (2 PACKAGES)
Log Number: 201508-119 Public Health (Graduate)
Change a degree major of an existing program Community Health Major
Log Number: 201508-120 Public Health (Graduate)
Add a new concentration to an existing program community Health Major Epidemiology Concentration
1) In the summary, add a sentence stating, “POS reflects changes in Log #201508-119”
SCHOOL OF NURSING (2 PACKAGES)
Log Number: 201508-86 School of Nursing (Graduate)
Change a degree major concentration of an existing program
Log Number: 201508-125 School of Nursing (Graduate)
Add a new concentration to an existing program
January 7, 2016 Meeting is cancelled.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:54 AM.The next APC meeting will be held on Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the OFE/FA Conference Room, Osprey Commons, Bldg. 16, 3rd Floor, Room 3108.
Copyright © 2017 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
RegulationsConsumer Information | Disability Accommodations