Public Health – Undergraduate
Change an existing minor
Minor in Public Health
Summary of the Changes:
This request is to change the Minor in Public Health by removing HSC3032 Foundations of Public Health (3 credits) and replacing it with one of five current program courses. The overall credit requirement of 15 credits will not change. Students will now select one of the following courses to replace the HSC 3032 Foundations in Public Health (3 credits) course:
- HSC4102 Physical Activity and Public Health (3credits)
- HSC4134 Mental and Emotional Health Education (3 credits)
- HSC4133 Sexuality Education (3 credits)
- HSC 4XXX Health Education about Healthy Eating Guidelines (3 credits) (Log# 201701-1)
- HSC4150 Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention (3 credits)
For clarity, two narratives in the program of study will be replaced by the following narratives:
(Click here for the program of study)
- Add the narrative “SELECT ONE HEALTH EDUCATION COURSE (3 Credits)” to the program of study.
- Add the narrative "3000/4000 course with HSC or HSA prefix offered by the Department of Public Health.” to the program of study.