Submitted by the Executive
04/03/14: 1st Reading
05/15/14: 2nd Reading
The Faculty Affairs Committee has discussed the possibility
of Faculty Association committees having representation from colleges who are chosen
only by members from those colleges to have access to vote.
Nominations and Elections
At the March meeting, the Nominations and Elections Committee shall submit
such nominations as are necessary for all vacancies scheduled to occur on all
standing committees of the Association and any other University committees that
have regular faculty representatives that request participation in this
election process. These nominations shall be in accord with the representative
apportionment described in Article VI. Procedure for these committee elections
shall be as follows:
(1) The Chairperson of the Nominations and Elections Committee shall advise the
Committee members of all vacancies occurring.
(2) Nominations and Elections Committee members shall canvass (preferably by
memo or E-mail) their constituent groups for consenting nominees.
(3) Representatives shall forward all names to the Nominations and Elections
Chairperson, who will have the slate prepared in time for the Executive
Committee meeting immediately preceding the March Faculty Association meeting.
(4) Additional nominations for positions on these committees may be made from
the floor at the March meeting or sent to the Nominations and Elections
Chairperson prior to the March meeting of the Executive Committee, at which the
April Agenda is set.
(5) Web-based electronic ballots will be available beginning at 9:00 AM on
the day of the April Faculty Association meeting and ending at 5:00 PM on the
(6) Ballots will be tabulated and the list of successful candidates shall be
sent to the Faculty Association’s Executive Secretary, to be posted and
included with the May Agenda.
(7) For all the Faculty Association Standing committees
and the University Committees that have college-specific representation, only
members of the relevant college may vote on their college representatives.
Copyright © 2017 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Regulations | Consumer InformationWebsite Accessibility |