Leadership, School Counseling, and Sport Management –
Change an existing non-degree program
Certificate - Educational Leadership Post-Masters Certificate
Summary of the Changes:
The following proposed
changes reflect alignment with the updated Florida Principal Leadership
Standards (FPLS) and the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE),
most particularly the increased emphasis on instructional leadership and
substantive engagement in the field.
1. Change wording of requirements to clarify that “[a]pplicants must hold a
master’s degree from an accredited institution” and “… must hold a valid
Florida teaching certificate.”
2. Add to requirements that “[a]pplicants must demonstrate prior successful
completion of graduate level courses in (1) educational research, (2) social
foundations of education, and (3) educational technology (or will be required
to complete appropriate courses as part of this program).”
3. Add to requirements that “[a]pplicants must pass all sections of the Florida
Educational Leadership Examination (FELE) prior to completing the program.
Program of Study:
1. Remove EDA 6271 (Technology and Ed Leadership).
2. Add EDS 6050 (Instructional Leadership).
3. Add EDA 6945 (Practicum in School Administration).
Total credit hours
increased from 24 to 27.
(Click here for the program of study)