Submitted by the Nominations and Elections
Faculty Association Bylaws Amendment for Nominations and Elections Committee Online Elections Changes Proposal - ARTICLE VII, NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
12/01/11: 1st Reading
01/12/12: 2nd Reading
Nominations and Elections Committee Online Elections Changes Proposal
NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
Nominations of Association officers shall be made from the floor at the February meeting in even numbered years. No member may accept nomination to more than one office at a time.
Candidates for officer positions shall submit for publication in the March Agenda a one-page statement outlining their credentials and what they hope to accomplish as officers of the Association. Election of Association officers shall be by ballot immediately following the March Faculty Association meeting, and on the following Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Election of Association officers shall be by plurality vote, which means that the person receiving the highest number of votes shall be declared the winner. At the Annual Meeting, the Chairperson of the Nominations and Elections Committee or a designee shall report in writing the results of the election of officers. In the event of a tie vote for any office, the Nominations & Elections Committee shall hold a run-off election by electronic ballot, to be held for seven days beginning at 9:00 AM on the day of the Annual Faculty Association meeting and ending at 5:00 PM on the following Wednesday. immediately following the Annual Meeting and the following Friday from 9:00 to 1:30 p.m.
At the March meeting, the Nominations and Elections Committee shall submit such nominations as are necessary for all vacancies scheduled to occur on all standing committees of the Association and any other University committees that have regular faculty representatives that and request participation in this election process. These nominations shall be in accord with the representative apportionment described in Article VI. Procedure for these committee elections shall be as follows:
(3) Representatives shall forward all names to the Nominations and Elections Chairperson, who will have the slate prepared in time for the Executive Committee meeting immediately preceding the March Faculty Association meeting.
(4) Additional nominations for positions on these committees may be made from the floor at the March meeting or sent to the Nominations and Elections Chairperson prior to the March meeting of the Executive Committee, at which the April Agenda is set.
(5) Elections will be held immediately following the April Faculty Association meeting, and on the following Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Web-based electronic ballots will be available beginning at 9:00 AM on the day of the April Faculty Association meeting and ending at 5:00 PM on the following Wednesday.
(6) Ballots will be tabulated and the list of successful candidates shall be sent to the Faculty Association's Executive Secretary, to be posted and included with the May Agenda. counted by two Nominations and Elections Committee members as soon as possible after the election.
(7) The list of successful candidates shall be sent to the Faculty Association Executive Secretary, to be posted and included with the May Agenda.
Election of members on all committees shall be decided by plurality vote, meaning that "the candidates will fill the positions in the order of the number of votes that they receive" (Cannon 1995, 132). In the event of a tie vote for a committee position, the Chairperson of the Nominations & Election Committee, or designee, in the presence of at least one other Nominations and Elections Committee member shall use a coin toss to determine the winner.
The Nominations and Elections Committee shall be nominated from the floor and elected at the meeting in November. , elected via electronic ballot with voting to occur for seven days beginning at 9:00 AM on the Monday following the November Faculty Association meeting and ending at 5:00 PM on the following Monday.
Any nominations and elections required by the Association and not specified herein shall be conducted by the Nominations and Elections Committee.
Copyright © 2017 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Regulations | Consumer InformationWebsite Accessibility |