Information Item #10 -From Office of the Provost & Vice
FACULTY RETIREMENT BENEFITS
UNF Faculty Handbook:
Chapter 8.6- Retired and Emeritus Faculty
29.4 of the BOT-UFF Collective Bargaining agreement provides that all faculty members
retired from the University shall be eligible, upon request, and on the same
basis as active faculty members, subject to university policies, to receive the
1) Retired faculty member identification
2) Use of the University library (i.e.,
public rooms, lending and research service).
3) Listing in the University directory.
4) Placement on designated University
5) A University parking decal. Parking at
the University (Retired faculty members may obtain a daily parking pass at no
cost by presenting his or her retired faculty ID card at the parking booth
located on the University campus near the Kernan Blvd entrance, at the corner
of UNF Drive and Alumni Drive.
6) Use of University recreational facilities
(retired faculty members may be charged fees different from those charged to
other faculty members for the use of such facilities).
7) The right to enroll in courses without
payment of fees, on a space available basis, in accordance with the provisions
of Section 240.235(3), Florida Statutes.
8) A mailbox in the department/unit from
which the faculty member retired, subject to space availability.
9) University e-mail address.
10) In accordance with University policy, and on
a space available basis, the University is encouraged to grant a retired
faculty member's request for office or laboratory space.
addition to those benefits provided all retired faculty, emeritus faculty shall
enjoy additional campus courtesies available to active faculty, including but
not limited to:
1) Receipt of a free discount (or
equivalent) parking decal and the option of upgrading to a higher level of
parking decal at their own expense.
2) Use of university computers and
3) Maintenance of active faculty status in
the university ERP system.
4) Use of recreation facilities (at the
same fees as charged active faculty members), faculty
OFE, and CIRT.
5) Admission to athletic and cultural
events (at the same fees as charged active faculty members).
6) Right to participate in convocation,
graduation ceremonies, and other academic events.
7) Listing in the UNF catalog (and online
directories) with emeritus designation.