Information Item # 7: Submitted by the Campus Safety Advisory Council Chair, John Hale, Director of Physical Facilities: (2014/2015- April)
March 5th, 2015 Faculty Association Meeting –
Campus Safety Advisory Council Update & Stoplight Report
- Bylaws Updated to recognize how the Council is functioning
- Recognize Compliance Officer and HR as members
- Updated process for election of officers
- Conducted night safety walk last November. Major improvements in exterior lighting levels. Additional projects in progress (Fountains Crosswalk) or pending (bollard replacements). Parking Lot LED fixtures.
- Discussed use and deployment of Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s). Recommended that they be kept and maintained by UPD. Subsequently UPD received a $16k Life-Saving Equipment grant from Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation to purchase 12 devices. Already been used in saving a life on campus.
- Recommended changes to the traffic flow in Lot 9. Parking Services made changes for one-way only traffic through the loop adjacent to B14.
- With the acquisition of the Flats, and Kernan Realignment Project now dead, will be making improvements to the Flats including a new crosswalk between the Flats and Hicks Hall with LED flashers in the road.
- The Victim’s Advocate office will soon be posting “violence” awareness signage in all restrooms on campus. The signage will be periodically removed and replaced to keep it current.
- EH&S claims summary.
View the Stoplight Report