Contract Administration (CA)
The Contract Administration unit is responsible for writing, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and amendments for sponsored activites. The Contract Administration unit provides a comprehensive analysis of contract and grant terms and conditions to ensure that the University has the organizational capacity or is able to acquire the necessary capacity to successfully perform and meet contractual obligations. This unit works in consultation with the Director of Sponsored Research, the Assistant Vice President for Research, and the Office of the General Counsel for preparing and processing sponsored research contracts.
Some of the responsibilities of the Contract Administration area include:
- Negotiate and prepare UNF contracts and grants research agreements
- Develop, execute, and manage research contracts
- Negotiate and review third party agreements for projects managed by ORSP
- Ensure compliance with legal and University compliance
- Review, negotiate accept, and submit research-related contracts, subcontracts, subawards, amendments, and modifications
- Recommend and facilitate the review of UNF third party research agreements with UNF General Counsel
- Ensure Contract agreements are complete and accurate reviewing statement of work, budget, termination, confidentiality, nondisclosure, indemnification, material transfer agreements, and data transfer agreements, intellectual property and other related clauses.
- Determine the type of agreement: fixed-price, cost reimbursable, memorandum of understanding, or service agreement which should be used for a grant research project.
- Submit and monitor A-133 forms