Each month, the Healthy Osprey team promotes a different theme to raise awareness.
Physical Activity & Exercise
January 31: Osprey Fit--Registration Kickoff
The purpose of the Osprey Fit Program is to encourage program participants to make healthier lifestyle choices. The program is designed to educate on several different areas of wellness, while the participant’s goal is to walk at least 10,000 steps a day by the end of the program.There will be scheduled walks, workshops, and Healthy Osprey Challenges that participants can take advantage of. Participants will also have the chance to win prizes that include a Nike gym bag, headphones, a Fitbit, and more!
Participants will use a free app called Pacer to track their activity. Space is limited. Registration will take place during Market Day at the Healthy Hut from 10 am - 2 pm. Registration will continue from 2 pm - 4 pm at the Department of Recreation and Wellness (Bldg. 61, Suite 1300).
Sexual Health & Body Image
"Before You Tie the Knot" Workshop
For individuals, premarital and engaged couples who want to improve their communication and relationship skills.
This course meets once a week for 5 weeks and will be facilitated by a trained professional from the UF/IFAS SmartCouples Extension program. Each participant must attend ALL five meetings in order to receive the following benefits:
- A light meal at every meeting
- A USB drive
- May also be eligible for a $25 gift card for completing the course
- A $25 discount on their Duval County marriage license
- Feb. 28 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the Student Union West, Bldg. 58 Rm. 3804
- Mar. 7 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the SWC Bldg. 61 Rm. 1200
- Mar. 14 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the SWC Bldg. 61 Rm. 1200
- Mar. 28 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the SWC Bldg. 61 Rm. 1200
- Apr. 4 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the Student Union West, Bldg. 58 Rm. 3806
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Violence Prevention & Healthy Relationships
Mental Health Awareness