Eco Camp began in 2001 with the idea that children should be able to use nature as a fun and educational backdrop in the summer. It has expanded drastically in the past decade and is suitable for ages 6 - 14 years old.
Eco Camp provides children the opportunity to spend the summer outdoors while learning about Florida wildlife and having unforgettable experiences.
Camps are offered on a weekly basis for ages 6 - 14 with 9 weekly sessions beginning June 3 (no camp July 4).
Camp hours are from 9 AM - 4 PM.
Pick-up/Drop-Off for Eco Camp is located in lot 100.
Pick-up begins at 4 PM. After 4:15 PM, a $15 late fee will be charged to your account for every 15 minutes late.
Optional Before and After Care available Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 9 AM and 4 PM - 6 PM. Before and After Care is an additional $50 per week to be paid by check, made payable to The University of North Florida. Payment is due each Monday of camp attendance.
Our weekly rate is $220 per week, per camper.
Discounts available for Military, UNF Students, UNF Staff and UNF Alumni. After creating your online account, call the Recreation and Wellness Office to have your customer type changed in order to register at the discounted rate. Military and UNF discounts cannot be combined.
Families with multiple children registered together in the same camp will receive a 10% discount per week. Discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
- Canoeing, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding
- Hiking through the nature trails
- Arts and crafts using natural materials
- Education about local flora and fauna
- Team building games and activities
- Weekly field trips to natural areas
*Swimming takes place at a campus housing pool. Certified lifeguards are on duty and US Coast Guard life jackets are provided to children who do not pass the swim test. Swim lessons are not available.
Field trips are held every Thursday, 9 AM - 4 PM. We will be unable to accept late drop-offs or early pick-ups on these days. Summer 2018 schedule:
- Week 1 - Washington Oaks Garden State Park
- Week 2 - St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Week 3 - Guana River Research Reserve
- Week 4 - Fort Caroline National Memorial
- Week 5 - Jacksonville Zoo
- Week 6 - Fort Clinch State Park
- Week 7 - St. Augustine Alligator Farm
- Week 8 - Castillo de San Marcos, Colonial Quarter and Pirate Museum
- Week 9 - M.O.S.H.
A few things to know before registering:
- Your child must have health insurance in order to register for camp. Policy name and number will be required at check-out.
- Make sure your email address is current as this is the main method of communication regarding field trips, camp payments, and general camp information.
- Internet Explorer is the required web browser for online registration.
- Verify customer type (after creating a profile and before registering) by calling us at (904) 620-2998.
Registration begins March 1 at 8 AM.
Families are encouraged to attend Camp Orientation. This orientation is great for new and returning families to get practical information from the Camp Director and meet our camp counselors.
Still have questions? Call The Recreation and Wellness Office at (904) 620-2998.
Yes! Parents may choose to pay for all registered weeks in a single payment, or to set up a payment plan for additional weeks registered. Payment plans will automatically withdraw funds from the provided account the Sunday before the camper's week of camp.
NOTE: an online transaction fee is assessed to the total of the amount paid online which is a minimum of 1 week of camp. This fee goes directly to the online registration provider. Any additional amount scheduled for payment plan is not assessed a transaction fee.
Requests to switch weeks must be made in advance by calling the Recreation and Wellness Office.
There is no charge to switch camp weeks within the same camp. Camp weeks cannot be switched once the camp week has begun. Switching weeks between two camps may result in additional fees.
Refund requests are required in advance by calling the Recreation and Wellness Office. Refunds will not be given once the camp week has begun. Exceptions will be made only through the Camp Director.
Refunds requested after June 4 will be charged a $25 cancellation fee.
Camp fees will not be prorated for attending only part of each day or only several days each week. There is no daily rate.